Great Performer if taken care of properly!
By gypsybeth81 on
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe
I've had 1 major and a few minor problems with my coupe. I'm currently the second owner and bought it when it had 84,000 miles. Unfortunately the engine blew which was likely the result of poor driving from the previous owner or myself when showing off at times :( Since then it has been replaced with another engine with 30,000 miles less then the previous one, and I must say this has been the best performance car I've driven! And I've driven 15 to 20 different cars in my time. Handling is great,has lots of room for a coupe, and has ability for modifications on a smaller budget. Gas is average,but factory tail lights are poorly made and may leak in time. Some interior detail is poorly made.
Favorite Features
Nice body style, performance, fun to modify (can often find new exterior detailing and performance mods in a wide selection like led sport lights,exhaust and engine systems etc), the handling and suspension, roominess for a mid size coupe.
Suggested Improvements
alarm system is a little too sensitive(can't leave my alarm system on when parked on street or near busy roads), tail lights can leak easily, wish they made some of these models in rear wheel drive for better racing performance, consol and cupholder could have been built more sturdy, and front passenger seat ought to have had power options as well for extra comfort. The coupe doors can be a hassle sometimes when parking in cramped lots,but, that's the price for buying a semi sport/luxury mid size coupe hahaha!