A Nice Car
By FA on
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan
I bought my Grand Prix GTP with about 34K miles on it. It's been a fun & very sporty car to drive. The GTP feature resulted in me paying a surcharge in my car insurance though. I guess they thought I'd drive like a race car driver. The car has great pick-up & allows you to move through traffic well. To my surprise the fuel economy has been great as I do lots of hwy driving. I'm at 82K, so little things are starting need repair. Most of the repairs to date include front- wheel ballbearings, breaks, replacement of a tail light cover ($$$) & fog light ($$$), a valve in the transmission ($900), & a water leak under the dash. The water issue made me crazy, but overall I really enjoyed the car
Favorite Features
Excellent pick-up/horsepower, roomy interior, large trunk, sporty looking & fun to drive, great sound system; heads-up display; nice fuel economy for V-6.
Suggested Improvements
Trunk pops open when I hit a pothole on occasion; no seat warmer or automatic seats for front passenger; the quality of the interior could be made better; having to use premium fuel.