Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Grand Prix A.K.A Tranny Problems
By mishmish

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I love this car but hate it at the same time. The car really is a eye catcher. This is my 2nd prix first one (96)tranny went out at 110k, my current one went out 111k and then went a 2nd time at 135k. I almost forgot I was told the 99 Prixs only fit 99 trannys. Fun fun. The frames on them are crap so if you wanna add more horsepower good luck on not cracking the frame. Headlights fog up with dirt. Good luck getting up any hills in the snow without all 4 studded tires.

Favorite Features

It's a really nice looking car. Doesn't take a lot to make it look hotter. Quick perfomance and handling. Can keep up with a lot of cars.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission. The weird noises from the engine. Bring back to low gear start like in the 96. Stronger frame.

Good Car
By Frank

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Was the first in my town to purchase this brand new '99 Pont Grand Prix GT (white). I've had several things go out on it, but was mostly while under warranty. The shifter linkage worked it's way loose (5 times) had to be towed in. While getting a tune-up the mechanic noticed that the coils were burned so had to replace them. The computer went out and after returning the car to the mechanic 3 times he found that a frayed wire in the rear of the car was filling with water and running the length of the wire to the computer, shorting it out. I payed for the first computer but dealership paid for the second since they didn't locate the source of the problem. It has 160,000 original miles.

Favorite Features

It's paid for.

Suggested Improvements

Little more interior room, better sound system.

Sunroof
By sexxy1969

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I've own my Pontiac Grand Prix GTP supercharge since 2002. I bought it with 21,000 miles.

Favorite Features

I love the way it handles as long as you have the right driver and tires.

1999 Pontiac
By Ataguy

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

We were the original owners of this car. Previously owned a Dodge Neon that was rather unrelieable. What a difference with this Pontiac.. Very reliable. We had the oil seals replaced at 100k miles & a electronic sensor replaced at around 80K miles. Other then that there were no major repairs. Solid ride, 28 mpg on the highway. Great performance & quiet ride. We'd buy another one.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats.. Good performance.. Excellent Reliability

Suggested Improvements

None i can think of.

grand prix SE
By bsedgal

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car was ok, but had some issues and depreciated. Bought it in 02 for 7k and sold it in 05 for 1400 while in college. Issues were leaky weather stripping on the sun roof, would drip on me after rains. Gas gauge out (bad sending unit), a/c went out. Other than that major mechanical was fine and so was drivability.