Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Great styling
By hawk1

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Great looking car, and in 2004, it still looks as contemporary as the new cars coming out. I always get compliments on the on the exterior styling. I'm somewhat disappointed on the MPG, I've been gettting around 23 mpg on the road and I set the cruise at 72 MPH. A few squeaks, but nothing unusual for a domestic vehicle. The factory sound system is better than any car I've ever been in, and I've worked in the car business for the last 12 years years.

sound system and HUD.

Fit and finish. Passenger side heated seat.

Grand Prix
By Timmy Lupus

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great for the money. I got this when I graduated from college and it did not cost me and arm and a leg. Getting a new car hasn't really crossed my mind. The Grand Prix has been treating me well for the last 3 years. I have made frequent, long-distance, weekend trips with the car. It is comfortable and gets good gas milage. Passengers have noted how big and roomy the back seat is. I really like the hatch in the backseat, that opens up into the trunk. I normally have a ton of sports equipment sitting in the back seat and this makes it really easy to toss into the trunk when I need the backseat for passengers.

Hatch in the backseat that access the trunk.

Buy Something Else
By jayrod

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I totaled my 97 Camry and needed a car fairly fast, saw it, liked it, bought it. Fit and finish is pathetic, there is plenty of horses when I need them, however that comes at a fuel premium. Window motors, window switches, cup holder broken from normal use, Drivers window regulator, all had to be replaced. Leather is complete junk, sure if you dont sit in it, it lasts. I am meticulous with my car maintenance, however the engine makes ticking noise, burns oil, and the breaks squeek constantly, even when they are new. It's a shame Detroit can't figure out how to build a car like the Japanese, the Sweeds or the Germans. Im selling for a new Volvo.

Acceleration, Dealer is great

Fit and Finish, use some quality parts, cars arent cheap and you can surely get a better built car for less money (import)

Good looking car!
By BXV0058

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Grand Prix GT mainly because of it's good looks. Still looks good! I got the four door model because I thought I might have a family one day. I have been pretty much happy with my GT. The trunk leaked, but they fixed that. The transmission started slipping on me after the 3 year warrenty was up. But recently I complained so much that they fixed it,(it had a bad throdel body in the tranny) even though it was out of warrenty.(5 years old, 36,000 miles). Now that the tranny is fix, (what a relief!) I'm happy. My GP seems to be put together pretty good for the most part. Hope it stays that way. It has been really good for an American car

Power stays on to put windows up or listen to the radio after you shut the car off. V6 power, turn signals sound if you forget to cancel them, controls on the stearing wheel, interior lights staying on/come on when you enter/exit car, a great feature is that the car locks automaticly

too many controls on the turn signal stock, I still am not comfortable/smooth with the windshild wiper opperation, would like to be able to turn the head lights off at times, wish it had a folding back seat or 60/40 folding back seat instead of the pass thru in the back seat

Great car for the money
By kentman

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I purchased this new with every possible option minus the CD changer. It is a low miles car (6K per year). The only problems have been window motor (couple times) and poorly operating seat heater. It does have a rattle in the dash. Engine performance and handling is great. I do wish that I got the supercharger in hindsight. Interior capacity is very spacious, and there are no complaints here. I would definitely buy from Pontiac again. With all of the creature comforts, engine power, exterior styling, good reliability, and relatively low price, you cannot beat this car.

HUD, performance, interior capacity, exterior styling.

Interior build quality is a little cheap in some areas. Needs better fasteners for plastic components. A rattle specialist should be used to ensure no long term rattles.