1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Dependable, Powerful, Comfortable...
By ravenking on 03/18/02 08:30 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

...What more could you want? My car has given me nothing but joy since I bought it. I commute 30 minutes to and from school every day, and this car makes it much more comfortable and fun than any other I have driven. It is fast, smooth, and very useful. I opted for the four door because it is more practical, but it is actually the same size and has the same looks as the coupe, just more convenient.

1999 4dr Grand Prix GT
By 911computerguy on 03/06/02 12:56 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

This is the second Grand Prix which I have owned. The first being a '98 2dr GT. Performance is better than most V6's and rivals some V8's as well as being a very reliable car. Another thing I love about the car is low insurance rates. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, young or old, who is looking for a car that is both practical and exciting. PS: The specs for the '99 4dr GT on edmunds.com are wrong the torque is 225 just like any other model with the same engine.

Great Car
By jetpilot500 on 03/02/02 17:47 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Great Car! The 3.8L V6 has a lot of power. Looks great, even as a 4-door. Interior components sometimes rattle, especially when its cold. But other than that, its very comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

What a disappointment!
By Cooper on 02/21/02 07:41 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. It has been to the Pontiac service department 16 times and counting. The defroster does not function properly, which ahs been acknowledged by the dealership. They say it is the same on all Grnad Prixs - it is "normal." The dealership is unable to repair problems without numerous visits. What a disappointment this car has been!