Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Great styling
By hawk1 on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Great looking car, and in 2004, it still looks as contemporary as the new cars coming out. I always get compliments on the on the exterior styling. I'm somewhat disappointed on the MPG, I've been gettting around 23 mpg on the road and I set the cruise at 72 MPH. A few squeaks, but nothing unusual for a domestic vehicle. The factory sound system is better than any car I've ever been in, and I've worked in the car business for the last 12 years years.

Grand Prix
By Timmy Lupus on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great for the money. I got this when I graduated from college and it did not cost me and arm and a leg. Getting a new car hasn't really crossed my mind. The Grand Prix has been treating me well for the last 3 years. I have made frequent, long-distance, weekend trips with the car. It is comfortable and gets good gas milage. Passengers have noted how big and roomy the back seat is. I really like the hatch in the backseat, that opens up into the trunk. I normally have a ton of sports equipment sitting in the back seat and this makes it really easy to toss into the trunk when I need the backseat for passengers.

Buy Something Else
By jayrod on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I totaled my 97 Camry and needed a car fairly fast, saw it, liked it, bought it. Fit and finish is pathetic, there is plenty of horses when I need them, however that comes at a fuel premium. Window motors, window switches, cup holder broken from normal use, Drivers window regulator, all had to be replaced. Leather is complete junk, sure if you dont sit in it, it lasts. I am meticulous with my car maintenance, however the engine makes ticking noise, burns oil, and the breaks squeek constantly, even when they are new. It's a shame Detroit can't figure out how to build a car like the Japanese, the Sweeds or the Germans. Im selling for a new Volvo.

Good looking car!
By BXV0058 on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Grand Prix GT mainly because of it's good looks. Still looks good! I got the four door model because I thought I might have a family one day. I have been pretty much happy with my GT. The trunk leaked, but they fixed that. The transmission started slipping on me after the 3 year warrenty was up. But recently I complained so much that they fixed it,(it had a bad throdel body in the tranny) even though it was out of warrenty.(5 years old, 36,000 miles). Now that the tranny is fix, (what a relief!) I'm happy. My GP seems to be put together pretty good for the most part. Hope it stays that way. It has been really good for an American car

Great car for the money
By kentman on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I purchased this new with every possible option minus the CD changer. It is a low miles car (6K per year). The only problems have been window motor (couple times) and poorly operating seat heater. It does have a rattle in the dash. Engine performance and handling is great. I do wish that I got the supercharger in hindsight. Interior capacity is very spacious, and there are no complaints here. I would definitely buy from Pontiac again. With all of the creature comforts, engine power, exterior styling, good reliability, and relatively low price, you cannot beat this car.

THIS CAR ROCKS
By Pontiac Fan on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I love this car. The styling still looks great after five years. It's got all the power I've ever needed. I can place it anywhere in traffic that I need to thanks to that engine. The only issue I have is that since I've passed the 90,000 mile mark, I'm starting to have mechanical parts wear out every 4- 6 weeks. If the recent mechanical problems don't continue, I'll be thrilled to own this car for many more years. I wish they were still making this style Grand Prix!

Love Pontiac
By Vetdoc on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have all GM vehicles and my Grand Prix is my favorite. It is a 99'with a 3.8 V6 and it has 54000 miles on it, but it loks and feels new.

Great Car
By JUAN ALFARO on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Great car over 106000 miles and only had to replace gasket that was leaking for about $400.00 normal for gm cars Im told, but other than regular maintance very reliable car. My next car will be Grand Prix GT or GTP. Dont miss out on great car.

pretty car with frequent problems
By tahayah on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

When I first bouhgt my car, I loved it. It was fast, reliable, fun to drive. Within the year that I had it, problems began to occur. I assumed that if I kept up the maintenance that I would have no worries. In chronological order: the motors in 2 windows went out, the fuel sensor had to be replaced, the LCD screen on the radio becomes illegible, the trunk light went out, the door panels are loose, the cup holders only fit one size of cups, sometimes it won't start up and now the transmission is slipping. For a car that's five years old, it sure doesn't hold up like one.

Selling to buy something reliable
By This car is unsafe on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

This car is easy to fall in love with. Unfortunately, it is also a piece of junk. I have been back to the dealer 3 times in 4 weeks because the car turns off while I am driving. Obviously, the dealer can't figure it out. Since I can't afford to keep paying the dealer to do nothing and I don't own a tow truck, I am going to buy a more reliable import even at the expense of less performance.