1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
4 Doors Can br Sporty!
By KensGT on 06/05/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

This car is a joy to drive! With the head's up display to the nice quality sound system. The car rides very well and handles 3 adults and 2 kids in good comfort and gets up and goes extremely well. The car is 7 years old and I must say it has held up well, Pontiac did a good job on this model. I give it 2 thumbs up for is looks too!

Ryan's GTP
By Ryan on 03/31/06 06:41 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

Amazing vehicle all around. From the handling to the style, this car is impressive. The response of the supercharger is instant and more than adequate for highway passing. Driving the 4-door sedan still feels like your driving a sport coupe. The powerplant not only outperforms most, but is also easily accessible for the backyard mechanic. Its also nice looking. All around suspension is sporty, so avoid those construction zones. When you hit a bump you feel it. I cut out the resonator and replaced it with 2" pipe. It has a growl to it now that isn't too loud, but sounds great. My 100% thumbs up for this ride.

A driver's car!
By GRTFUN on 10/26/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy the great handling, heads up display, the way it hugs the curves, and the heated leather seats. My car was fully loaded and well taken care of. No complaints.

a
By MTNowa on 09/05/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

very dependable, very fun to drive car. Has surprised quite a few people who have ridden in it by how quick it is

A Nice Car
By FA on 09/05/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I bought my Grand Prix GTP with about 34K miles on it. It's been a fun & very sporty car to drive. The GTP feature resulted in me paying a surcharge in my car insurance though. I guess they thought I'd drive like a race car driver. The car has great pick-up & allows you to move through traffic well. To my surprise the fuel economy has been great as I do lots of hwy driving. I'm at 82K, so little things are starting need repair. Most of the repairs to date include front- wheel ballbearings, breaks, replacement of a tail light cover ($$$) & fog light ($$$), a valve in the transmission ($900), & a water leak under the dash. The water issue made me crazy, but overall I really enjoyed the car

My Red Pontiac Grand Prix!
By Automan on 07/25/05 16:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It is red w/the 3.8 V6 and the decklid spoiler! I love to drive it everywhere. I always get compliments. My car has 77,000 miles on it and I get asked if it is brand new. It has ice cold A/C w/ 5 air vents! I would never trade it in for anything but another new designed Grand Prix. I feel safe and more than comfortable. I was once at a stoplight next to a new mustang, Sorry, but I left him and his pony in the dust!

Perfect
By RedHotGTP on 07/18/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in January of 05' with less than 80k miles on it. I had to replace the Supercharger coupler (bought at ZZperformance.com for $40) right after I bought it and I had it fully serviced at my local dealership. I love to drive this car! I recently owned a 99' Grand Prix GT and when you go from 200HP to 240HP it makes a big difference! It is fully loaded, HUD, Bose, 12-disc changer, heated seat (great in the winter), sunroof, everything. The only problem I have noticed is the display on the radio gets confused and shows weird numbers, but only for a few seconds after start- up. I have heard of several GP's doing this with or without Bose. This won't be my last Grand Prix!

Pontiac GT
By fronczek on 03/03/05 16:38 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Car has been trouble free, plenty of power, fun to drive, has some wind noise, handles very well, great gas mileage

Good Little Reliable GT
By dpdiamond on 01/23/05 18:03 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in Oct 1999. Was my 3rd Pontiac (had Bonnevilles, all driven up to 135K-155K miles). Every option except moon roof. I thought I made a mistake, when at 6K miles the water pump went. I was surprised, but dealer fixed under warranty. Now at 43K miles, and driven by an adult female, the only servicing we have had has been front brakes, and oil changes every 3,000 miles. I just put 4 brand new tires on (Goodyear Assurance) and the car rides very well. The fuel MPG around town is 15, but on the open road it will do 22-25. We baby this car, do not abuse it in any way. If you take care of the car, it will last. Overall, I have been satisfied. Resale value will be poor (buyer perception)

Great styling
By hawk1 on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Great looking car, and in 2004, it still looks as contemporary as the new cars coming out. I always get compliments on the on the exterior styling. I'm somewhat disappointed on the MPG, I've been gettting around 23 mpg on the road and I set the cruise at 72 MPH. A few squeaks, but nothing unusual for a domestic vehicle. The factory sound system is better than any car I've ever been in, and I've worked in the car business for the last 12 years years.