Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Grand Prix GT 4 Door Sedan
By dede402

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

We bought this car 7 months ago and ABSOLUTELY love it!!! It was a one owner car and VERY well taken care of! Even the body man at the dealership couldn't believe it was a 1999. It looks sooo much newer!! It rides like a dream and the gas milage is unbelievable! We plan on driving her down to Florida soon! The only problem we have had was a wheel bearing in the drivers side go and that has been it!! We LOVE this car soo much and would DEFINITELY buy another one!! We LOVE it that much!! There really is NOTHING bad we can say about this car! SHE'S BEEN GREAT!!!

We LOVE everything about this car!! Gas milage is FABULOUS!!! And she looks sooo sporty even though it's a 4 door sedan!

None that I can think of!!

Grand Prix GT Sedan
By tcapman

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 34k miles and currently have 122k miles. Overall has been a great car. Had to replace 1 fuel injector and the fan controller around 80k miles. Replaced both front wheel bearings (did myself) around 110k miles. The engine and tranny have been flawless other than the 1 injector. The car has good interior and trunk space and love the looks. Finally starting to get a few squeaks here and there, but then again it has been through 10 Iowa winters and summers.

Looks, Great performance, fun to drive and like the exhaust note. Decent stereo and reliability

Passenger seat lumbar support standard. Rear seat a little more comfortable. Easier access to the rear sparkplugs.

Never buy from the cheapest
By Mike

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I purchased the 1999 Gold edition Grand Prix GT. Now with only 105,000 km that's right no error. I had to have the brake lines from the fire wall back all replaced. Was told Pontiac does not sell complete brake line assembly. That's a days work for the mechanic to install. The car has been undercoated also. The mechanic who did the job replaced all the brake lines in his 1999 Chevy pick-up. Unbelievable! For a 10 year-old car that's not even a daily driver. Now I have a hood release cable that doesn't work when its cold outside. If you can wrestle the hood open, afterward the hood will not close properly. Also I was warned to replace the rubber bush mounts (suspension), both left & right side.

As long as I don't have to spend all my paycheck at the end of the week to drive the car on an ongoing basis.

All GM products are built using the cheapest material. GM is the only manufacturer that uses more plastic than sheet metal on all its cars. All GM products bodies are chopped, channeled, and sectioned smaller. Makes for uncomfortable seating arrangements.

This car has been great to me.
By seiichi79

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

This car definitely served its purpose. Have 3 kids now so I'm going to have to get rid of it. Which kinda stinks. Even though I can fit 3 car seats in the back it's a little squished. Great power and pedal response. Lots more interior room than you would think just by looking at it and a lot of trunk space. The only problem I have had with it was the front brake rotors were warped when I purchased it but it only cost about $175 to have them fixed. Other than that this car has been awesome.

The Bose system sounds great. The car has a great body design. Great power and handling for a sedan. Very reliable car!

Poor headlight lenses. Almost all GP's I see have at least 1 bad headlight lens and you have to replace the whole unit. Mileage. And when it rains hard it's hard to see out the back window. Maybe a rear wiper would have been a good idea.

Grand Prix A.K.A Tranny Problems
By mishmish

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I love this car but hate it at the same time. The car really is a eye catcher. This is my 2nd prix first one (96)tranny went out at 110k, my current one went out 111k and then went a 2nd time at 135k. I almost forgot I was told the 99 Prixs only fit 99 trannys. Fun fun. The frames on them are crap so if you wanna add more horsepower good luck on not cracking the frame. Headlights fog up with dirt. Good luck getting up any hills in the snow without all 4 studded tires.

It's a really nice looking car. Doesn't take a lot to make it look hotter. Quick perfomance and handling. Can keep up with a lot of cars.

Transmission. The weird noises from the engine. Bring back to low gear start like in the 96. Stronger frame.