1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Nothing but trouble!
By Irina on 12/27/07 15:30 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

Purchased it with 112K MI. Immediately had to fix the front axel, half a year later fuel pump went out, another half a year later torque converter had to be worked on (1500 price tag), breakes needed work too, then engine on the powerwindow broke. AC had to be fixed. Every time it rains water gets in the trunk and under the drivers sit. Windshield had to be replaced and since it has a display on it it was expensive! Now the torque converter broke again! And its only 143K now! I put in repairs more then I paid for the car! I never abused it, did all the maintenance and will never ever buy it again or recommend to anybody I know.

Detail of My first car
By Crystal on 06/29/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for two years. It is my first car and I love it. I think that it has great pick up and most cars can't even keep up. I love the body style I think that it looks very sporty but yet is very comfortable. My next car is definitely going to be a Pontiac!

Falling apart
By Jaws on 06/06/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I have had the transmission rebuilt twice. The fuel economy is poor. I have had numerous electrical problems including window motors and heating vent motors and brake lights, all very expensive. I also have a Pontiac Bonneville and would never buy another GM car.

Great Car
By Brian99 on 03/17/07 12:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love my '99 Grand Prix. It has great power for having over 115,000 miles on it. I have noticed a hole forming on the passenger side under the door and I have seen others with it too. Its an older car so I know its bound to happen, but it makes me sad because I love this car so much!! I recommend the Grand Prix if you want a sporty car with some power.

Grand Prix GTP - Best used car buy ever!
By realsj99 on 02/22/07 06:33 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I use my car for business and do a lot of highway driving, so it makes sense for me to buy used and drive the car forever. My GTP has been my favorite so far! Fantastic acceleration, excellent handling and very comfortable heated leather w/ 8-way power seats. After 55,000 miles, I have has no major mechanical issues, leaks or failures. I put Michelin HydroEdge tires on it which made a dramatic improvement over the Goodyear Eagle LS tires with which it originally came. It returns about 18- 22 mpg city and 27-30 mpg hwy and still able to run high 14-second quarter mile times (comparable to stock Mustang GT performance). For the money, a well-maintained GTP is the best used car value!

it's really good
By southsidelak on 02/20/07 20:18 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

this car is all u need for excitement to family vacations. performs great,looks great and best of all the price was right.. had no problems other then rain water coming in from the fire wall but it is fixable for under 10 dollars. Smart buy....

Great car for the price
By JP on 12/23/06 11:58 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

Have had this car for over 7 years now, and have no major issues or problems with it. It is still fun to drive, and rides great for a 7 year old car. GM did a great job with this one!

hates it
By Bree on 12/22/06 13:42 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

i have had my grand prix for 2yrs and i have had nothing but problems with it i had to replace the transmission new intake manifold, wheel bearings,starter, and every time it rains my car fills with water???? I could go on and on just basically everything you could think of i would never buy another pontiac again!!!!.

Pretty good first car!
By hannie88_07 on 12/20/06 10:46 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a car in the range of 3000-4500 dollars for my first car and this one my dad said would be awesome! And it is!

Detroit can build a great car
By DB on 11/21/06 13:01 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

This is my second Grand Prix. my 1992 went 155,000 mi before I traded it in for the 1999. At 165,000 mi this GTP is still going strong. Aside from typical wear items: tires, brakes, belts, bulbs, etc, all that was replaced was the fuel pump at 156,000. The 3.8L motor is a strong GM plant, runs strong, still gets 32mpg hwy 20 city and uses minimal oil (1/2 qt between changes). The body integrity remains tight. People are amazed to hear the year and mileage when they see the condition. Very roomy in interior and trunk cargo area.