Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

I love my car
By bdm4150

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing so far. I have only had it for a few weeks now but I love it. Its reliable, even at 112,000 miles it still has great pick up. My next car I buy is def. going to be a Grand Prix.

Pick up, the look, the interior room, 3.8 V6, the red display lights.

I wish I could use my window!
By Kitkay

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my Grand Am in 2000 with 5,000 miles on it. It was all fine until 2003. If you have automatic windows they are terrible. All that hold them in place is a piece of plastic. Which through all the hot weather in TX make it weak and they break. You of course can't buy just the plastic piece that breaks you have to buy a whole motor replacement which cost between $80- $150. I had to replace both of them within two years of each other. Also the Door just mysteriously started not to open. The rear-view mirror fell off and the headlight bulbs are a pain to change. Also the transmission fliud has to be changed at a dealership.

I love the power it has and sunroof. The body looks sleek and fun.

Who ever thought of the automatic window, which hold the entire huge window up with plastic should be fired. Not a smart thing. The window is not small.

Nice Car
By Paul

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about two years and the car has performed outstandingly. I bought the car with all the GTP options except the supercharger. I was planning on adding performance parts to the car, but I decided that the car was fine the way it is.

Heads-up Display

Better stock stereo. I know that the Bose system is available, but that would be an extra $1400. For that much money, I could install an incredible audio system.

Amazing Car
By cole_graham

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This car is one of the best I have ever owned. Good bang for buck. The best MPG I have got is an average of 33MPG highway at a speed of 66MPH. But I average 20 city and 29 highway. Great performence as a daily drive. The only down side is that is is hard to find performance part for this car.

SUPERCHARGER

more performence parts

99 GTP 2door
By Royfact

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

For what is otherwise a basic GM offering, the GTP has turned out to be a pretty decent car. The styling will never be 'classic' but it looks reasonable. The interior design is better than average for GM offerings. I especially like the Heads-up display and the steering wheel controls. The seats are comfortable and easily adjusted. The car is good off the line but great in the midrange with its supercharger. The engine isn't sweet-sounding like some, but it's rock-solid reliable. Gas mileage is about 22.5 mpg in 40/60 city/highway driving.

HUD displaySeatsSteering wheel controls

GM brakes on this body class have always been weak...this car is no exception.