1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Overall a great car
By Stan S on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I like the car, the only complaint I have is the brake discs rusted pre-maturely, had to be replaced at 19000 miles, and not covered by warranty

My Favorite Car
By BryanSwann on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Still drives smoothly after almost 4 yrs of ownership. Only major repair was rotor replacement on front of car due to wear. With TLC along the way, the car still runs and looks like it did when I drove it off the dealer lot.

Good Car
By spd98 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have loved this car although it was abused before I took ownership. With a little bit of work it turned out to be a great car. I am trading it in on a slightly newer GTP model.

good car
By geniebob on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

had very little problems with car and dealer fixed them under warranty. tires wore pretty fast about 32000 miles. ride quiet, no mechanical trouble, dependable.

WOW - Simply Put
By Digger on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

At first I was skeptical about buying the Grand Prix, but now I am so happy I did!!! This car has been totally reliable, fun, and economical.

Hoe lotta car
By RoadRunner44 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

My Grand Prix is my first car and its absolutley great. Hugs the curves, Bose system is high quality, HUD is a nice feature, and boost gauge is fun to play with (by flooring it ofcourse).

don't buy
By GMSKS on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This vehicle has had issues since it was first purchased. Replaced 4 electric motors for the windows in the first two years of having it. Radio went bad just as the warranty expired (Pontiac did go ahead and replace though). Now engine acting up and dealership cannot determine problem. Next time, buy Japanese.

Holy cow!!!!!!
By Shafted on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I thought this was one of the better cars I had ever owned. Sleek styling good gas mileage silky smooth ride.Then without warning ker-plunk!!! At 58000 miles the intake manifold suffers a catastrophic failure filling all the cylinders with water.New motor time(more profit for Pontiac)!!

The Grand Am
By jrcunningham on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The Grand Am is my favorite car. I'm on my 2nd one...the only thing that would keep me from buying a third would be if someone gave me a Firebird. =)

99 gtp
By cousinvinney on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 24000 miles was never in for warentee till I brought it in for a delaminaled door pannel. no squeaks/ rattels etc. Fit and trim is great. All the bells and whistles makes the car a supurb toy. the car gets 16.5 mpg around town and 26 on the road. This thing has got some scoot to it !!!! and it is very stable in turns and at speeds of 90 mph and beyond. Real nice car !