1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
I love my car
By bdm4150 on 09/07/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing so far. I have only had it for a few weeks now but I love it. Its reliable, even at 112,000 miles it still has great pick up. My next car I buy is def. going to be a Grand Prix.

I wish I could use my window!
By Kitkay on 03/29/06 09:34 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my Grand Am in 2000 with 5,000 miles on it. It was all fine until 2003. If you have automatic windows they are terrible. All that hold them in place is a piece of plastic. Which through all the hot weather in TX make it weak and they break. You of course can't buy just the plastic piece that breaks you have to buy a whole motor replacement which cost between $80- $150. I had to replace both of them within two years of each other. Also the Door just mysteriously started not to open. The rear-view mirror fell off and the headlight bulbs are a pain to change. Also the transmission fliud has to be changed at a dealership.

Nice Car
By Paul on 07/21/05 12:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about two years and the car has performed outstandingly. I bought the car with all the GTP options except the supercharger. I was planning on adding performance parts to the car, but I decided that the car was fine the way it is.

Amazing Car
By cole_graham on 07/20/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This car is one of the best I have ever owned. Good bang for buck. The best MPG I have got is an average of 33MPG highway at a speed of 66MPH. But I average 20 city and 29 highway. Great performence as a daily drive. The only down side is that is is hard to find performance part for this car.

99 GTP 2door
By Royfact on 01/22/05 07:55 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

For what is otherwise a basic GM offering, the GTP has turned out to be a pretty decent car. The styling will never be 'classic' but it looks reasonable. The interior design is better than average for GM offerings. I especially like the Heads-up display and the steering wheel controls. The seats are comfortable and easily adjusted. The car is good off the line but great in the midrange with its supercharger. The engine isn't sweet-sounding like some, but it's rock-solid reliable. Gas mileage is about 22.5 mpg in 40/60 city/highway driving.

Hell of a car
By iplayhockey24 on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Nice car wish i had the GTP for the extra 40 hp but sweet car for the everday driver its a fun good looking car that has room the two door that has the leg room of a full size 4 is nice in some cases overall besides some minor problems with my last one the car in general has been great

Love my little pocket rocket
By Moody on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is an overall great car. I have had little problems with it here and there but I love it, very fast...smooth handling around corners, great for long drives...

Awesome Car!
By Bruce Helton III on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I needed a car that had lots of room for a tall person like myself, and that had a lot of power, and this was it! I especially like the fact it can outrun a Mustang GT with about $500 worth of mods! Ah, the look on their faces when a "family car" beats them! I bought it with 96,000 miles on it, it has 102,300 miles on it now with no problems yet.

My Review
By mrgills on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. It is obviously not a high performance sports car, but it does have that feel.

losing confidence
By loams on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought new and now have 52000 miles. The car is well cared for but have already replaced an alloy wheel, two blower motors, one blower resistor, tensioner bracket (total of about $1100 to date) ans have an on going problem with the a/c drain causing water to flood the front passenger seat carpeting. I think this will be my last Pontiac.