1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Nice car
By riker93 on 03/24/13 20:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car Feb. 8, 2013, so I haven't had it long enough to report any major problems. It runs great, and was well taken care of by previous owner. It looks almost new, no rust and the engine is so quiet. It handles very well, and takes off quickly. Gas mileage isn't bad, so I'm not spending too much there. It's got all the options I could think of, so as long as I continue to take care of it, I'm hoping to get a lot of miles out of it.

Batmobile, Tank, Grand Prix Coupe
By midwestboiler on 05/19/11 08:07 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and it was a great first car. Unfortuneatly, I was rear ended and ultimately had the car totaled. The time that I had it though, was very enjoyable. First, a V-6 engine allows for this car to be borderline over the top with power, but that didn't bother me. The problem with all of the power was that the car averaged about 18 mpg. The 12 gallon tank also forced me to have to fill up more often than I would have liked. I had leather seats and they were very comfortable. It was very easy to carry 4 passengers in the car. While the doors were huge, it allowed much easier access to the back seat.

Great Performer if taken care of properly!
By gypsybeth81 on 03/05/11 14:17 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I've had 1 major and a few minor problems with my coupe. I'm currently the second owner and bought it when it had 84,000 miles. Unfortunately the engine blew which was likely the result of poor driving from the previous owner or myself when showing off at times :( Since then it has been replaced with another engine with 30,000 miles less then the previous one, and I must say this has been the best performance car I've driven! And I've driven 15 to 20 different cars in my time. Handling is great,has lots of room for a coupe, and has ability for modifications on a smaller budget. Gas is average,but factory tail lights are poorly made and may leak in time. Some interior detail is poorly made.

Best Used Car Been Very Reliable
By Ladylynnette on 06/30/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

this car is the coupe and has very good suspension with the low track. Has luxury along with takes corners really well. I bought my car with 95,000 miles on it and it still runs like a new car, it now has 112,000 miles on it. I occasionally have something go wrong. I had the air mass flow sensor go out and then replaced and runs great again. It is more sporty luxury than complete sports car. I have really enjoyed it. It is much harder to find the 2 door couple which is much sportier looking.

Great Car
By jetfan on 04/17/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car the previous owner took very good care of it. The only thing I had to do is put a MAF sensor on it. These cars are fast, especially if you add a few goodies. So it just goes to show if you maintain your vehicle, more often than not it will last. I love this car, in fact I think I'm going to buy another one possibly a gtx if I can find one.

A WOLF in sheeps clothing
By captaingary on 08/02/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I bought the car with 3 miles on it. I took it home and used a hair dryer to remove the Cloisone GTP emblems. They came off clean as a whistle. This car has the BEST styling of any Grand Prix ever. The supercharger is a work of art! I have basically kept up with Trans Ams and dusted off most Firebirds and Camaros. The HUD is imperative! I wish it had a 6 speed! But overall, this car is a real sleeper! Competent enough in the twisties and better than most off the line and rolling on!

Horrible
By google on 06/24/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with about 130,000 miles on it. The transmission went out at 145 rebuilt that the car has given me nothing but trouble it leaks into the car the transmission is going out again with only 35000 miles on it. have had it mess up on me constantly. would not ever recommend this car unless you just want to blow money

Nice but has its flaws
By Norm Ried on 11/08/08 01:20 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Overall decent buy. I bought the car wit about 153,000 miles mostly highway miles. I now hav 160 and so far had a dirty EGR valve, bad O2 sensor, and a faulty crank shaft position sensor. The position sensor cost $160 to fix. The O2 sensor was a great opportunity to upgrade to a performance sensor $80. The car attaches itself to you. Great looking, and great open throttle sound bouth inside and out. Keeps up with many newer tuner cars!

Grand Prix GT Coupe
By antihero70 on 07/01/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been amazing since the date of purchase. Currently at 200,000 Km. I've only owned rear wheel drive vehicles before so going into a front wheel drive was going to require an adjustment but this car feels like it is RWD with power on tap and it never lets me down. Only repair issue was the front end snapped ($2000 repair job from GM) but that's been it for 6 years of ownership. Not like the average GM vehicle, brakes actually last for a long time, no head gasket issues, transmission doesn't kick, interior plastic parts haven't snapped off yet!! Another great thing is the amount of aftermarket parts for this car (projector headlights, body skirts, spoilers...)

Overall decent car
By JoeDub on 05/16/07 08:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This car has been good so far with only a few major repair jobs. I love the power of the engine and the quick acceleration. Even with over 100k miles on it the car still pulls strong.