1998 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Still great to drive!

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Still great to drive!
By Happy with this one on

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 6 years and a month. I has been much more reliable and gets about the same gas mileage that my slower and smaller Grand Am owned before. At 65000 miles it is still running great. I intend on keeping this car for a few more years based on its behavior (knock on wood), so far so good. Still get confused as a new rental car with my friends.I haven't noticed much improving on the '04 model to make me jump over to the dealership at this point.

Favorite Features

great acceleration 3.8L and smooth,responsive quiet drive.love the looks,roominess and sporty feel.no rattles.Interior& trunk are very large.Interior and exterior have held up very well and still in excel condition even though left outdoors in the Texas sun.

Suggested Improvements

problems with headlight lens, elect- power wind Both rear have failed$,inst cluster dead.CD radio with graphic equal disp weird numbers when got hot-warrnty.chirping noise in AC when fan on.replaced water pump.foglights on they burn out fairly quickly-replaced three bulbs thus far