1998 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - More reliable than mom's '00

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Review

More reliable than mom's '00 Accord
By J. Holliday on

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Iím the original owner and I now have 7 years and 95k on my GP. I disagree with othersí statements that this car has a poor build quality. My problems have been few and far between: all electronics are fully functional, havenít had to replace window motors, no problems with AC, leather seats in great condition, transmission shifts seamlessly, no squeaks or squeals or other undesirable noises, no badges or moldings have ever fallen off, no engine troubles or bad oxygen sensors, sound system better than the premium system in my Dadís Lexus.

Favorite Features

Low maintenance: 54k out of first set of tires, original brakes after 95k and lots of city miles (unbelievable), takes 87 octane (regular), respectable fuel mileage (average 23 mpg), only change oil every 7500 miles. Heads-up display clearly visible during daylight, two-setting heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Right headlight lens did fall off after 6 years, replaced for $100, no probs w/ left lens. Replaced CD player after 6 years for $300. Transmission computer malfunctioned after 3 years Ė fixed for $60. Thatís it.