1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: One Hot Car!

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Review

One Hot Car!
By brune55 on

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

This car was a dream come true when I bought it and more of a dream to drive. Believe it or not, even the big blocks and new Vettes were envious of the style of the rear end of the car, which is all of what they saw. The car handled like a dream on the highway, side roads, country roads and laughed at the corners with no effort or a squeak of the tires coming loose. The only problem I had was one day I shut it off and about 20 minutes later I saw the whole engine on fire with flames shooting out from underneath the hood. I hadn't even traveled down to the end of my driveway or even warmed up the engine. I looked up online and saw quite a few people with the same problem

The overall performance, great handling and comfort. Impressive body style, interior was very comfortable and the cockpit (dashboard) was very well laid out. Plenty of room and a very spacious trunk.

Have an option for a raised type spoiler or the present style.A better location for ashtray and better retainers for the door panels,plastic ones break easily. My main one, put a 160 amp alt.not a 105. Do something about the engines catching on fire, mine burnt while I was in the house with the keys.