1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Got a good one

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

GTP Sedan (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

Got a good one
By Terry on

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in November of 1997 and for the most part has been a very good car. I have 104K and all of the electronics, HUD, windows etc. are still working as new. Leather seats are in good shape. Still has decent power and comfortable to drive. When I test drove this vehicle I punched it down the length of the on-ramp of the freeway, bought it then and there! Repairs to date have been a new water pump and AC compressor (I live in Phoenix) and valve cover gaskets. I have a slight oil leak from the oil pan gasket but will probably just let it be. I like others love the HUD and controls on the steering wheel. I would gladly pay extra for these features on any car.

Supercharged power, comfortable, HUD, controls on steering wheel, roomy, cool orange instrumentation at night

Don't use cheap plastic interior parts with cheap fit and finish. Provide quality engine gaskets