1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: An Excellent Choice

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Review

An Excellent Choice
By S Martin on

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for nearly 9 years and I'm so happy with it that I'm buying another GP and giving this one to my new 16 year-old driver. After 124k miles, nearly all of the electronics are original and fully function. No problems with window motors, window switches, windshield wiper motors, nor are there any leaky window or sunroof seals. No odd noises and no problems with the power steering. Original transmission still shifts well and the leather interior has held up wonderfully (looks almost new). No fluid leaks either and the engine is nearly as strong as it was the day I bought it. I still average almost 25 mpg (though I'll admit this is partly due to my non-aggressive driving)

Strong engine, love the premium stereo, good radio reception, heads-up a must have (yes, it's clearly visible in the daylight). Trunk is large. My sister knocked me for buying American and now I give her a hard time when her '99 Altima goes to the shop to fix broken parts (rather frequently).

Not much to say here, although the heated drivers seat did stop working a few months ago (something has to go wrong after 9 years). I spent $275 a few months ago to repair a squeak in the suspension (replaced the driver's side front strut mount). Problems with this car have been pretty limited.