1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews 8

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
BRAKES!
By 98 Grand Prix GT on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

It's a exelent car, Im 18 years old, Im Mexican, and I own a grand prix gt, u can go at 100 miles and u dont feel a thing, the sound system is great, the only thing that i would change is the brakes.

Great Car to Drive...
By pauly on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Everything is perfect except the headlight cover... Great car and Fun to drive...

koo koo
By rikoo on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

very enjoyable ride - responsive. happy with the purchase from day one. The only thing that has gone bad in the past three years (other than two fuses, two headlights and a dealership)was the driver-door power windows control, which costed my warranty $800 to repair.!!

1998 Grand Prix GTP
By debiau88 on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

I love my Grand Prix. The car is fun to drive and has all of the features I want. The only drawback is that I do a lot of driving and the gas mileage isn't the best on the supercharged model.

Love to drive it!!
By Kev on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my SE 12/99 as a used model. I was looking for something with good handling, ride and interior room. I got it all. The car handles like it should cost a lot more. The engine is ok, could stand a few more horses but it's good enough. Now, with more than 135K, it's still running very well. Have only replaced the battery, water pump and window motor for the passenger side. (may have to do driver side soon if it keeps acting stupid) Was unaware of the lens problem until I took it for the recall work and the lens was missing. They washed the car so I assumed they broke the lens. They replaced it no charge.

Sweet ride
By GopherRube on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Love the acceleration. Love the handling. Like the looks. I race it and beat on it and am waiting for something to go wrong or break but nothing breaks ever! Reliability must be at least as good as Jap/German if not better.

Hard to Follow
By TAKerr on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

American cars have come a long way. My Pontiac Grand Prix has been such a pleasant surprise! It's has such wonderful features, like the heads-up display, that would normally come in a much more expensive car. In the four and a half years that I've owned it, I have not had one thing go wrong. I just love it. Unfortunately, the new Nissan Altima I just purchased just doesn't measure up. It's a nice car, but I'm going through withdrawals from the Grand Prix. It's just a hard act to follow.

Great engine, good looks, poor quality!
By ndclark on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

Spectacular engine performance, reliability, good gas milage, and a superb transmission then the Pontiac Grand Prix GT is just what I would suggest. Very sporty look and the dual exhaust adds a rich sound. Poor quality, Basically, it's cheap. The seats are horrible, the windows leak (bad seals)and there are several other issues. I bought the car last Jan. with 54,000 miles(now79,000) I've had to replace the CD player(numerous problems), window switch, wiper cam, window washer motor, climate control resistor-dash controls, and alternator. The cruise control no longer works, the climate control still squeals.

98 GTP
By kwicslvr on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Fun car to fix up for performance and handling or to leave stock.

Very Reliable Car
By jet_dr969 on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car to get back and forth to school in back in 98 and besides brakes, tires and a battery it has been very reliable. I thought someone had vandalized it the other day but it turns out the headlight lens just fell off. They are apparently good for about 5 years. A word of caution, when replacing the headlight be very careful with the turn signal assembly! They go for about $110 and I found out the hard way.