1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Sad BUT true :-/
By True Voice on 11/11/04 23:42 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Good gas mileage, handling, acceleration, and sharp looking black. HOWEVER, AFTER 60k miles "GM" has poor quality parts!!....GM customer service WILL NOT help or assist in repairs!!... 3 window motors broke, 2 out of 4 select switches broke for AC fan , transmission slips on cornering! Paint on hood and roof wore off!! Seats are hard. IF enough people complain about this the NEWS will get out over the networks and then our US CAR builders WILL WAKE UP.

Good-Bad and the Buggy
By Jcteacher on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Okay car, HOWEVER, there's Too many window problems! Pontiac customer service problems. I recommend staying away from GM cars based on the window electric problems. ALL three automatic window motors-BROKE, fourth is going downhill! BLOWER MOTOR SWITCH GOING out and only 2 speeds left! Pontiac does not take responsibility for its defects. Don't drive long distances, seats are hard and it makes a sore butt. . L0L. . I will NEVER buy a Pontiac again. Shame on this company! I AM BUYING A HONDA!

pontiac is a good car
By johnny22n on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I have had abosolutly a wonderful time owning this car. I have driven it cross counrty and taken it back and forth to work everday. After 135 thousand miles on the car not one major problem. If there are any flaws its minor electrical problems

Grand Prix GTP Supercharged
By gtpprog on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

I am the orginal owner of this car. This is a great car to drive and it looks great. Unfortunately the build quatity is poor. This car has been in the shop over 50 times for warranty work. I am very luckly that I purchased an extended warranty on this vehicle.

98GP Still Going Strong
By stragger on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My Grand Prix came to me as a company car, but I feel in love with it and bought it when it reached 36,000 miles, the company limit. I have always felt like this car fit me like a glove, and its performance, while not a sports car, has always been more than adequate. Aside from some quirky electronic anomolies, it has been totally problem free. My best surprise is that I still get 28 mpg on a the highway at a steady 70 mph. I can't see buying a new car yet, since this baby still meets all my needs.

White Lightening Review of GP GTP
By GFD 6K3 on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

I have put all 81000+ miles on my Grand Prix GTP, is has been the most fun in the world....next to sex.

excellent choice
By lawillmot on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

150000 miles mostly higway no major malfunctions. only negative less than 30,000 miles window motor, window/door lock switches. 110,000 miles a.c. compressor. 149,800 transmission began to trigger service engine light. excellent car.

I love it
By bojo on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car for me and my family...roomy..comfortable...and fast

GTP Rules!
By Mikes1998GTP on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Love the Acceleration, Love the Styling, Love GrandPrixStore.com and all the great upgrades to put on the car. Aggressive styling and power, this GTP is PIMP!!

Love it/Hate it!
By James123 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used two years ago. Has 90,000 miles and still runs quiet and quick. Too many window problems and Pontiac customer service problems. I recomend staying away from this car based on the window problem.