1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
nice gtp
By silver01 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in feb of 98. It has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. It gets about 22 MPG. It corners well and has great acceleration. Also, there is plenty of low end torque with the push rod 3.8 fed by the blower.

Excellent Car!
By RGUTE on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

This is an all around great car for someone looking for a sporty, comfortable, and affordable vehicle. The supercharger gives you a lot of punch when you need it, and it handles really well. Climbs steep hills with no problem. I'm satisfied with the fuel economy.

Still great to drive!
By Happy with this one on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 6 years and a month. I has been much more reliable and gets about the same gas mileage that my slower and smaller Grand Am owned before. At 65000 miles it is still running great. I intend on keeping this car for a few more years based on its behavior (knock on wood), so far so good. Still get confused as a new rental car with my friends.I haven't noticed much improving on the '04 model to make me jump over to the dealership at this point.

1998 GTP Sedan
By Andrue on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1998. It was my first new car and It had everything that I wanted. The car had excellent acceleration, especially for a large car. It handled well and it looked good. I can also attest to the safety. I was involved in a wreck that totaled the car but both myself, and my 6 year old son walked away with no problems. This GM product served me well from the moment I bought it, until it met it's untimely demise. It sacrificed itself to protect it's occupants. Excellent engineering!

Great Car!
By crit on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 5 1/2 years/90K+ miles and it has never left me stranded. It's sporty, fun to drive and I would recommend it to anyone.

Worth the money
By Drew Walen on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Grand Prix, but have to say that as I've neared 100,000 miles, it has more and more little things breaking down. Temp sensors, ABS sensors, an oil light sensor that won't shut off, LED windshield display fades in and out, shift knob broke off, mirror joystick slipped into the door jam, backing plates, and now some strange whirring noise that I can't figure out. Up until recently, this was my dream car. Now, it's simply a good used car with some issues. For power, comfort, style and extras, this car was a hit. Just wish it held together a bit better.

BRAKES!
By 98 Grand Prix GT on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan

It's a exelent car, I´m 18 years old, I´m Mexican, and I own a grand prix gt, u can go at 100 miles and u dont feel a thing, the sound system is great, the only thing that i would change is the brakes.

koo koo
By rikoo on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

very enjoyable ride - responsive. happy with the purchase from day one. The only thing that has gone bad in the past three years (other than two fuses, two headlights and a dealership)was the driver-door power windows control, which costed my warranty $800 to repair.!!

1998 Grand Prix GTP
By debiau88 on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan

I love my Grand Prix. The car is fun to drive and has all of the features I want. The only drawback is that I do a lot of driving and the gas mileage isn't the best on the supercharged model.

Love to drive it!!
By Kev on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my SE 12/99 as a used model. I was looking for something with good handling, ride and interior room. I got it all. The car handles like it should cost a lot more. The engine is ok, could stand a few more horses but it's good enough. Now, with more than 135K, it's still running very well. Have only replaced the battery, water pump and window motor for the passenger side. (may have to do driver side soon if it keeps acting stupid) Was unaware of the lens problem until I took it for the recall work and the lens was missing. They washed the car so I assumed they broke the lens. They replaced it no charge.