1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Practical and Sporty
By Adam. on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Grand Prix two years ago, and my parents were so impressed with it that they bought one as well. As far as domestic cars go, it is a great buy.

Piece of junk
By LCYon on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I'm not sure how Pontiac designs cars but they completely failed here. Even the repairs were not done very well by the dealerships (as evidenced by the repeated failure of the same part). I will never purchase another Pontiac and have moved to a more reliable car, a VW. Years 1-4 - three bad oxygen sensors - plastic molding on both doors fell off (replaced 6 times!!!) Year 5 - bad oxygen sensor - rusted through brake rotors ($500) - cracked power steering rack ($1200) - completely fogged headlights ($400)

98 GP GT Coupe
By john344 on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd GP. I love this car, if only GM would use better quality interior parts. My door panel on the drivers side is loose, cheap plastic on dash. Engine gaskets are poor quality and I've just had $1500.00 worth of work done on the engine due to leaky gaskets all over the place. Other than that, it's a great car, fun to drive, looks hot with the dual exhaust...standard 17 inch rims would be great. What's up the headlight assembly on these cars?? Mine is loose & wiggles around, was filling up with water every time it rained until I took to a repair shop the they silconed the edges to stop the leaks (the dealer would not fix this under warrently).

best car ever
By Moroccomole on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

It's a great car, I love it.

98 GP GTP
By lradue on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This car is fun to drive. It has lots of power, good handling, and very reliable. The gas mileage isn't the best, but you should expect that with a supercharged 3.8L engine. I would recommend this car to anyone and I plan to get another one after this one dies on me.

Go Wide or Go Home!
By msahai77 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The full size of the Grand Prix makes it a comfortable vehicle to be in on long road trips. With an 18 gallon tank and great overdrive system, we were getting 350 to 400 miles per tank on our last road trip. The 3.8 offers a great amount of torque for all passing maneuvers!

Grand Prix GT Coupe
By Sweets629 on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Grand Prix GT Coupe a few months before I got my lisence. The first time I drove this car I knew I had to have it. Not only is it unbelieveably fun to drive, but extremely reliable. I am so happy that my parents chose Pontiac as my first car.

My Pontiac Grand Prix Daytona Pace Car
By IWI My Way on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

The Pontiac Grand Prix's have the best performance in power and handling with out losing practicality. Not to mention the beautiful shape with aggressive curves.

Awesome Car
By LouisZ03 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my Grand Prix in January of this year and i love it. The car has a lot of power and it handles really well. On the street, it is more than a match for other coupes in its class. The interior is comfortable and the controls are easy to use.

Great car
By TheWhiteGuyFromTulsa on 03/14/02 23:27 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

i have one of these cars and they are fun to drive. i would recommend them to anyone