1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Excellent Car
By xmcmannes on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

If you buy a SE model, make sure it comes with the 3.8 liter V-6 engine. The engine makes the car, it is a very smooth and fast machine. This car has lots of power and it is very comfortable with a great sound system.

Go Wide or Go Home!
By msahai77 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

The full size of the Grand Prix makes it a comfortable vehicle to be in on long road trips. With an 18 gallon tank and great overdrive system, we were getting 350 to 400 miles per tank on our last road trip. The 3.8 offers a great amount of torque for all passing maneuvers!

Grand Prix High on Performance & Quality
By W. Slater on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

Plenty of great standard features usually found only on more expensive vehicles. Standard features included Stainless steel exhaust system, 4 wheel ABS disk brakes, dual driver / front passenger climate controls, excellent Delco sound package and computerized functions for automatic exterior lights on / off, automatic door lock/unlock & remote key lock

Getaway Car
By Bad Juju on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used and have put over 50k on it in two years. It now has nearly 100k. Never needed an extended warranty. This car has taken us to 20 states. My 3 year old loves the big windows. The headlight lenses are a problem. The bodyshop at your dealer is the place to go to solve this. The first lens was over $100 as an assembly from a junkyard. The second lens was $5 from the bodyshop, and the manager installed it for free. The CD quit and had to get the factory CD, as you can't get aftermarket with both orange lights and steering wheel controls. Excellent family car, good in all weather and sturdy on gravel roads.

Fun to drive!
By GPFan on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My car has about 85,000 miles on it. The performance, comfort, and styling in general are great. However, even though I've taken excellent care of my car, I've had around 3,000 in general repairs over the past year. My headlight lenses went 1st - Apparently the glue used to hold them on the headlight assembly dry rots, and they can fall off. But, you can't buy just the lenses. The blower motor and resistor - for the interior vents needed replacement. Also, about a month ago, my brake calipers went bad in front. At present, it's in the shop getting it's transmission fixed, and the upgraded parts - which is by no means cheap. I don't want to scare anybody, the car's really been great.

Grand Prix GT Coupe
By Sweets629 on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Grand Prix GT Coupe a few months before I got my lisence. The first time I drove this car I knew I had to have it. Not only is it unbelieveably fun to drive, but extremely reliable. I am so happy that my parents chose Pontiac as my first car.

Excellent performace, cheap construction
By Raatracer on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

After 90000 miles, reliability is excellent; performance is off a bit, but still good. Economical to run as it provides good mpg on regular gas. Door panels and control knobs are loose due to cheap materials and construction fit.

My Pontiac Grand Prix Daytona Pace Car
By IWI My Way on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

The Pontiac Grand Prix's have the best performance in power and handling with out losing practicality. Not to mention the beautiful shape with aggressive curves.

Awesome Car
By LouisZ03 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my Grand Prix in January of this year and i love it. The car has a lot of power and it handles really well. On the street, it is more than a match for other coupes in its class. The interior is comfortable and the controls are easy to use.

Great car
By TheWhiteGuyFromTulsa on 03/14/02 23:27 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

i have one of these cars and they are fun to drive. i would recommend them to anyone