Typical Mid-80s GM Product
By LibertyNickel on
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan
I knew what I was getting into when I bought this '97 GT Sedan, but the price was right. Typical things have gone wrong, but the car has never left me on the side of the road. Heater fan now only works on high, traction control went out (big deal), passenger's side base amp is dead (hard to replace) and I've just observed a coolant leak near the water pump, but I fear it's most likely the intake manifold. Clearcoat is peeling off the spoiler. BUT... it still runs great, it's comfortable, fast, and handles great. Doesn't use any oil, brakes are fantastic, a/c will put frost on your nose, and the back seat holds all three of my granddaughters. I love the delayed- locking feature, too.
Favorite Features
Lock delay, intelligent interior lighting, transmission gear indicator on dash, interior room, engine quality and power, handling, and brakes. I honestly believe that 3800 is bullet- proof. In spite of the nits you constantly have to pick, I'd by another used Grand Prix GT or GTP.
Suggested Improvements
Well, by now most of the improvements I would suggest have been taken care of, except for the fender brace you still have to remove to check battery level.