1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: Sleeping Giant

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Sleeping Giant
By The Reaper on

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

I've owned my GP for about 6 months now and its time to write a review. What can i say about this car except WOW. I got mine for a steal at only $4600. My previous car was a 97 GA with the 2.4, needless to say, there is certainly an increase in power. I absolutley love this car, it's fast, handles very well, and looks incredibly mean. freeway driving is a blast, and it only takes a moment for the speedo to jump from 70 to 100, which makes passing a breeze. I have found that working under the hood isn't that bad, much easier than the GA. there are plenty of perfomance parts available, and they are easy to find. best of all, nothing makes my day like annihilating some kid in a boy-racer. LOVE IT!!!

The power! and the available performance parts, the first thing I did was swap the supercharger pulley for a smaller one, took off the cat, resonator, and v-force mufflers, this car is loud, fast, and commanding. 300 ft/lbs = 100 ft of rubber. Yes, I measured it, all in all, best bang for your buck!!

The speed limiter. The car cuts out at 127 mph, it's really unfortunate because it is still running strong at that point. The interior build quality is less than desirable, but not as important to some as what is under the hood. Leather is slick but swapping in racing seats fixes that. Car is awesome!