1997 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best car for a college

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Review

Best car for a college student.
By tjcollinsku on

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

I am a college student that lived about 200 miles from home an this car got me through with no problems. It as plenty of room to move tv, sound system, computer, and all my cloths. I love the power of the GT but wished I'd went for the GTP. I've done several long (500+ mile) trips and there is nothing more comfortable. Handles great in the snow, no problems driving through western Pennsylvania's 5 inches of lake effect snow. Only had a few problems. Alternator went out at 75,000 miles, need new brakes at 80,000 miles and I just had to replace the water pump and hoses at 95,000 mile. All in all I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Favorite Features

I love the comfortability, the power is there when you need it. Heads up display, and the radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power for the size of the engine. It needs to be up around 240 to 260hp. Other than the power issue there is nothing wrong with it.