Used 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

97 Grand prix coupe
By pontiacdude97

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Needless to say, I absolutely Love this car! I enjoy destroying others on the street and absolutely confident on back country roads, does not shy from bends, twists or any kind of roads, even goes nicely down dirt or gravel roads.

Mine has a Glasspack fitted on the exhaust, new Intake. The power is smooth, handles great, And I love the interior. Very simple and clean. Oh, 30 mpg hwy doesn't hurt either

RWD and a V8 with a 5 speed manual would make it the ultimate sedan/ coupe.

what a awesome car! hold on to it!
By southernguy27

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed this car since day one, I would hold on to this one since they don't make Pontiac anymore. I bought my GTP with 90k and now has 102k and runs great, the 3.8L is bulletproof, but if you get one, make sure you replace the intake manifold gaskets! they are made of plasic and leak. But GM has corrected the gaskets with aluminum ones and make sure you get the GM ones! DO NOT GET THE AFTERMARKET FEL-PRO ONES! they are also made of plasic! the car has been very reliable and extremely fun to drive. The car still looks new for a 97. I've replace a few sensors and the gaskets since I bought it but thats it. Also parts are cheap, fairly easy to work on. Find one and get it!

3.8 supercharged, sunroof, pretty much the whole car.

cheap plasic materials, the DEX-COOL coolant don't wait until 150k to flush! do it every 2 years!

Love this car!
By Rochelle

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased for me when I turned 16... 8 years and 100,000+ miles later I still LOVE this car. The power and handling is fantastic, very fun to drive. I haven't had many issues except for electronic things... Replaced window motors, batteries. Many problems with wires and dashboard controls not working properly, but that seems to be common with Pontiac. It is roomy and comfortable.. the trunk can hold ANYTHING. I have been hit twice, and am impressed with it holding up nicely. (Doesn't look nearly as pretty now though) Now at 125000 miles I am starting to have bad problems with the electronics. Heat no longer works and it dies on me a lot. Will be very sad to replace it.

Great sound system, Roomy and comfortable, FUN to drive.

Gas mileage, fixing the electronic problems.

The Best Car Ever.
By MrMartin

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been in our family since 1997, and has been through 11 Wisconsin winters, and all of our lovely weather here, and still runs like a top. We've never had any major repairs other than standard maintenance. Has held up through one adult driver, and two teen drivers and shows no signs of stopping. It now has 136,000 miles on it and still looks good and drives great. I would not trade this for any other car, it's just too good looking and reliable, and have no bad comments to say about it.

Exterior looks, heads up display, driver information center, comfy seats, power. 3800 V6

None.

Loved this car!
By Spirit711

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 17,000 miles on it as a program car. It's absolutely been the best car I've ever owned. I have 76,000 on it now and I doubt if I've put over $1,000 in it, including regular maintenance. It's time to think about buying a new one, but I keep trying to wait until something goes wrong with this car, and it just keeps going and going!

Handles well and love the style and lack of major problems with it.

None