1997 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Owned for 6 years
By hardywang on 05/01/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

Lost my GTP in an accident, an owned it for 6 years ended with 220000KM. Generally speaking it is a good car, styling, comfort, fast. With some issues as well, in 6 years I replaced: 2 water pumps, 2 crankshaft position sensors, 1 low ball joints, 2 sway bars. Rear strut mounts are gone.

pontiac
By paul on 04/07/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

wonderful, I am most comfortable in the seats, I do wish for more side bolster support

Red is hot
By Dorothy on 08/20/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my car. I have had it over 6 years and it now has 120,000 miles on it. I just drove down from Massachusetts to Florida and it was a joy. The car purred. Great on the highway and suburb in heavy traffic.

Sleeping Giant
By The Reaper on 01/14/05 15:13 PM (PST)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

I've owned my GP for about 6 months now and its time to write a review. What can i say about this car except WOW. I got mine for a steal at only $4600. My previous car was a 97 GA with the 2.4, needless to say, there is certainly an increase in power. I absolutley love this car, it's fast, handles very well, and looks incredibly mean. freeway driving is a blast, and it only takes a moment for the speedo to jump from 70 to 100, which makes passing a breeze. I have found that working under the hood isn't that bad, much easier than the GA. there are plenty of perfomance parts available, and they are easy to find. best of all, nothing makes my day like annihilating some kid in a boy-racer. LOVE IT!!!

My Car
By Jeremy Eshleman on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

This car has been great to me. I love the speed and the handeling of it. I wish it was a stick. I goes just about anywhere in a short time if you know what i mean. I love this car.

the review
By joe cinotto on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

this is a very quality vehicle if your wanting something that has some speed for its class but is still comfortable to drive

my gtp
By batmon on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

this is an awesome car to drive in, it is quick with a dominating roar. the only down side is the power steering is under powered. this is an awesome ride!!!

The Perfect Year
By John Fraser on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

I never realize how good of a deal I got ($4900) until I saw a friend spend $33,500 on a loaded 2003 model. Other than mine lacking mood roof and dual heated seats (only the driver in mine). The style interior and everything else looks exactly the same. I love the drive and the great gas milage on the highway (in town is not that good however).

The best car I have driven !!!!!!
By tc3 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

Handles like a dream. Looks sharp. Lots of room. Lots of power. And it was made by Pontiac.

OK, but not great
By ferrisfan on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan

Overall, a good car that suffers from typical GM problems. The alternator went out at 30k, and there is a noticable grinding noise in the bushings when hitting bumps. The engine has plenty of power from a dead stop. Sometimes when trying to pass at highway speeds, there is a lag in the availability of the supercharger. Installing Goodyear Aquatread 3 tires has really improved handling/cornering!