1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Review: loved the look but a money hog

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Review

SE Coupe (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

loved the look but a money hog
By bonnie on

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

When I first saw the car I fell in love with it. It had everything I wanted. A week after the purchase the transmission had to be replaced. I had many engine problems. I can't even count how many times I had it checked out. I probably spent over $6,000 in repairs in the 3 years I had it. I did have fun driving it though. I loved inside of the car. It had the leather seats, sunroof, cd player and the heads up display. The sad thing is that I had to trade it in because it needed a new engine. The oil was mixing with the antifreeze. I have not had it for 3 years but still wish I did. It made me feel young. I wish mine would have not had problems. I would love to be driving it today.

Favorite Features

It was black, had a cd player, heads up display(easier to see when you are speeding), leather seats, sunroof, tinted windows and I loved that it had small lights near the back seat so the kids could see at night.

Suggested Improvements

I always see that they have problems with the paint on the bumpers or on the plastic parts. Otherwise I am not sure if all pontiacs have the same problems mine did.