1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Great Car!
By cmm1910 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought the car brand new and drove it for 4yrs and traded it with 50,000mi. Required nothing but regular maintenance. I loved the sporty look and feel of the car and was still able to cart the kids around! Only flaw was the winter handling, it wasn't the best in the snow. I traded it in for an SUV and lost that exciting feel when driving.

Amazing
By bluGP96 on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for a little over 2 years and have loved it every minute. It has over 110000 miles now and runs better and faster than it did when it was new.

green machine
By Spinich on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Its a fun car with a lot of get up and go. It handles great and the transmission shifts smoothly.

great car!!!
By jkk on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

excellent go-power, very reliable, only problems are that the cd player stopped working at about 40000 mi, had it replaced and again stopped at about 100000 mi; and being 5'9" tall the head room is a little lacking (my 6' husband hates the lack of head room). Otherwise very good ride, great gas mileage, excellent power, and makes speeding up on curves a blast.

Overall a good car
By MiniChet on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

I just purchased this car from a friend. It was bought at an auction as it was stolen recovery. Little damage was done, but there are some little body imperfections that would cost about $200 to repair. I love the pick- up on it. I really wish the dual exhaust was true dual. I bought the car with 98000 miles on it and it runs beautifully. Just had the oil changed and a few belts replaced.

Fun to love!!
By ScooterGTP on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it was 3 years old and it had 84000 miles on it and now it is at 114000 miles and it has not lost any pep what so ever. i love this car. my future plan is drop the 3800 Supercharged engine in it and put a few mods on it. hey this car got me into a national car club. i also plan on putting a high performance shifter with shift kit and new chip, msd ignotion, performance parts, exhaust, and i just added a cone air filter and the response time is alot better.

Excellent Sports Car
By AK Dublin, OH on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My car currently has 99K on it and has been a jewel of a car. The only downfall was an intake gasket and my transmission at 98K went. However I run my car very hard and it has handled it extremely well. I'd reccommend it to anyone.

A stable workhorse
By Mitch64 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have 110,000 miles on my Pontiac GP SE Coupe. I purchased it new in '96 and the car has essnetially been trouble- free. However, it drinks more oil after about 60K. The car runs smooth and quiet, although it could use a bit more power (I have the 3.1 liter engine). I bought the car because of the style and the price. It looks a lot sportier than it really is.

Sweet Ride
By Michael1206 on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My freinds like it more than I do. my little 3100 SFI puts out enough HP to get me where i want to go in style, but it doesnt quite feel like a shuttle launch. My evil plan is to drop a 3800 S/C L67 in this car. The 3200 lbs curb weight is light for this type of car (compared to a t-bird anywhoo) This is especially a great car if you love two-doors but hate feeling like you and your freinds are packed in like sardines.