Used 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

great car!!!
By kcwood1995

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I recently got my moms old car and owned it for 4 months and 9 days and took several trips in it. I recently got into a car accident in the car and it saved my life. Because of how long the front is it prevented alot of injury. I got hit from the passenger side front and it took off the front of my car, but with the setup of the car and the seatbelt and airbags it saved my life. Great car to own. In my opinion best car to own.

Best Car Ever
By Jasen

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I recently bought this car from my neighbors and it's my second car so far, and it's great, it needs some rust spots fixed up, but absolutely no major maintenance so far and the car has 167,000 miles on it.

All the storage bins for coins, cell phone, and extra junk.

The seocnd lighter is right behind the column shifter and you can't even use it because the shifter will hit anything you plug in.

1996 grand prix
By donnie71281

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car a year and 6 months ago with 73,000. Been a good car. Runs fine, looks good and very happy. Rides wonderful and handles well. Most fun car i've ever owned and driven. However it just hit 94,000 and now i have to replace the main motor seal, Distributor plug seal, and a plentium gasket kit. I love the car until this. Now i'm not too sure on the quality of the 3.1 Still runs fine but will leak a quart or more every 3000. No warning at all. Just kinda happened. If you are looking at one have it looked over first!

Horse power, styling, and interior

Reliability of the engines Pontiac builds.

a great car
By dkmustang

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

great car that is fun to drive and i will keep until the wheels fall off

great car

none

Most Fun To Drive Ever
By Holly

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great. I've had it for 5 years; having to repair mainly minor problems. It is incredibly fun to drive. I did have to fix the lock in the back that would not work, the passenger side door which would not open from the outside, and the clock in which the numbers actually dissapeared.

The acceleration, the steering and handling, and the roominess. Plenty of leg room. I've never had a car that was this fun to drive. It's also very reliable.

The cupholder/tapeholder falls into the backseat a lot instead of sitting upright, making it annoying for those sitting in the back. The door locks are too flimsy; they break very easily. I wish the stereo sound was a little better...the bass doesn't sound like it should.