Used 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

1995 special edition3.4 grand prix white
By jhalfon

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

this white 3.4 special edition white grand prix has provided reasonable, reliable service the last 10 years of my ownership. i bought it brand new. there have been maintenance & electrical repairs which have been expensive, but the dealership is only source of precise mechanic work. you do have to put GM parts for replacement to keep this 2dr coupe running smoothly. i am still proud of its handling & i drive it everyday on the highway 50 miles round-trip to work. it remains a fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

wide body side moldings, pillar mounted door handles, heads-up display, trip computer outside thermometer, magna-steer powering steering, hidden wipers, dual-dual exhaust, leather seats, moon-roof, security chip on ignition key, keyless entry, light under hood

Suggested Improvements

additional cooling fan run continuously with a/c on, bigger rotors for braking, wider tires to 17", wipers moving in same direction, battery position placement not being underneath washer fluid container, quiter interior, scratch-resistant textured interior plastic pieces

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Special Edition
By gp1995

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe

This 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Special Edition is a reliable car. It is the 3.4 liter special edition, white exterior color package. It is fun to drive because it has Magnasteer II just like the new 2004 Grand Prix. The interior design is adequate because it is meant for a grown up who desires a sports car feel. The exterior design is nice because it has a large body side door molding for protection. It is a bit heavy for the 210hp engine. It does not have much acceleration as Pontiac advertised in 1995. In summary, it is a good car when compared to todays Grand Prix.

Favorite Features

head up display, sunroof, composite glass headlamps, fog lights, side pillar door mounts, wide body side moldings

Suggested Improvements

needs a 3.8 liter engine, passenger side electric seat, rear seat should pull down to get into trunk, 17" tires, filament imbedded radio antenna

The Grand Prix, what a car!
By Pete81284

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have owned 3 Pontiac Grand Prix's and I have loved all of them, they look sharp, and have a great ride for a sporty car. They also have exceptional handling. I have had no mechanical problems with any of them, I plan on owning a Pontiac the rest of my life. The Grand Prix is a great car.

Favorite Features

One of my favorite features of the Grand Prix is the Head up display. This allows me to see my speed, what radio station I have tuned to, and other information displayed on the lower windsheild in front of me, so that I dont have to take my eyes off the road.

Suggested Improvements

I have no improvements upon this car. I think that they are great vehicles. I am only dissapointed however that Pontiac stopped making the 2 door coupe for 2003, and I like the older 1997-2003 body style better than the 2004 models.

NICE CAR!!
By ibanezjem

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I had to replace the motor and tranny after 78,000 miles cause i hauled a UHAUL 3,000 miles with it.(MY FAULT) DONT tow anything with these. Over all i like the car but the factory paint is poor. For a nice car the book value could be better, i think these cars are to underated.

Favorite Features

steering wheel controls, ground affects,2nd gear start.

Suggested Improvements

factory paint is awfull, front bumber cover is peeling BAD, so is the rear bumber cover.(painting them again does not help, they peel again 8 months down the road..../

nice first car
By Shawniboyy

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

i love the car very much. But the owner before me must have not taken car of it. i had to replace both front balljoints and put 4 new struts and rear strut mounts on it. He did make sure he sold it as-is. It has a mean lookin front end on it.

Favorite Features

heads up display,cruise control,steering wheel controls,dual exhaust,webed tail lights,foglights,keyless entry, remote start,etc