1995 Pontiac GTP 3.4 Liter DOHC
By GTP on
1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe
I bought this car used with 102,000 miles on it, for only $3400. This V-6 engine is AMAZING. It makes 215 HP which is MORE than my old 1970 Chevelle with 307 V-8 had (200 HP), a car I drove when I was a kid. Need I say more ? Pontiac put 4 cams and 16 valves on this V-6 60 degree engine and it runs like a small V8. All the power options are really nice, and you'll get addicted to the steering wheel radio controls. Gas mileage- 19-20 mpg city, 27 mpg highway. Considering the power, pretty good. I recently drove the same year car with 3.1 liter and the 3.1 is a dog compared to my DOHC 3.4 I drive my GTP with EGR valve disconnected-more power and response-easy to do, just unplug it.
Favorite Features
Tons of power/torque-great looks-superb handling-passing power highway-decent mileage-comfort-power options-ride quality-very good in snow/ice-always starts, never broke down, super reliable-lots of trunk space-lots of interior space-still has power even when loaded down with luggage and people !!!!
Suggested Improvements
Due to how fast it goes, car uses brakes and rotors about every 2 years. This car cruises 60-70 mph on highway without touching the gas. Rear trunk area leaks a little-glass seal near bottom ? Engine leaks oil at cam carriers but is common for this engine, fix is replace gaskets. Nothing else....