1995 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Was just awful
By brad on 10/14/09 13:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought the car for 2000, i should have known. just one month after purchasing it, there was nightmares. Luckily i bought a warranty. They replace steering, trans, motor, ball joint, the list goes on. They never did fix the problem which was no power and random shifting. A couple months after i sold it, buyer told me the head blew. I wouldn't reccomend this car. I loved it for the first month, after that, it was a nightmare...

GTP Questionable
By mark275 on 06/20/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive but did cost me quite a bit in maintenance. Needed to replace the timing belt three times at about $500 each. Developed an oil leak around rear main seal at about 100k. Main bearing cracked around 125k and that was it for me. The alternator needed to be replaced twice at about $300 each since it is located underneath the engine and is difficult to replace. Cruise control quit working around 57k and did not even bother to fix since I was quoted at about $400 by numerous mechanics. Trunk leaked water and was only fixed by sealing all the seams in the trunk. Windshield and sunroof leaked water at about 80k. Would not suggest buying even though it looks cool and is cheap.

First Car
By Me on 05/21/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for my first car and found this one. Great price for a first car. I went through big snow drifts with it too. Just front wheel drive.

Pretty decent car
By TOM on 05/20/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned several B.O.P (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) cars in my life and this is a good one. I like the handling and performance. Durability for the car its self is ok, mine has 287,652 miles on it. I got it 2 years ago from a close friend who has had it since nearly new. The 3.1 L is sporty and fun but the transmission is a joke, they only last about 100,000 miles or less. My car has had the engine and transmission replaced and runs fine. ( tranny no longer has overdrive) you can trust me, with this many miles on it, I've found the bugs

Ya no!
By John O on 04/20/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Ok I bought this car in 2006 for $1000, I have dropped more than four times that to keep it on the road. The driver side door handle broke so I had to either leave the window down or climb in the passenger side. All but 1 of the radio and air knobs broke. The passenger side electric lock is broken so it has to be manually opened. I have had to replace the alternator 3 times, ecg valve, heater coil, head gasket, starter 3 times, and much more. The driver side window doesn't go up sometimes. Oh and the exhaust fell off. That's right didn't hit anything just fell off. All the work was done by me, I'm a studying to be a mechanic and know what I'm doing. Oh and the engine block has 3 cracks in it!

1995 Pontiac GTP 3.4 Liter DOHC
By GTP on 04/19/08 05:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 102,000 miles on it, for only $3400. This V-6 engine is AMAZING. It makes 215 HP which is MORE than my old 1970 Chevelle with 307 V-8 had (200 HP), a car I drove when I was a kid. Need I say more ? Pontiac put 4 cams and 16 valves on this V-6 60 degree engine and it runs like a small V8. All the power options are really nice, and you'll get addicted to the steering wheel radio controls. Gas mileage- 19-20 mpg city, 27 mpg highway. Considering the power, pretty good. I recently drove the same year car with 3.1 liter and the 3.1 is a dog compared to my DOHC 3.4 I drive my GTP with EGR valve disconnected-more power and response-easy to do, just unplug it.

Fun & Cheap
By grandprixse on 12/04/07 16:42 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

These cars rock! It is only the 3100 SFI V6 but it still has 160hp. The V6 puts out good power. Gets up to speed very well. The out side of the car looks nice. The lights look cool. The front end reminds me of the mid to late 70's Trans Am's. The dual exhaust tips make it look like it has some power and the car really sounds like it does too. The insides are nice. Has all the options I could want with a 1st car. My plans are to put some mods on it get it to 200hp and after a 1 to 2 years sell it and find another Grand Prix. I want to get the GTP or maybe get one from the '69-'71. One things for sure its going to be sad when the discontinue the Grand Prix in '08. I now love Grand Prix's!

95 3.4L Grand Prix great Car
By James McDaniel on 08/25/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Bought this car second hand with 95,000 on it. After a little clean up it turned into a gem. A very fast & fun gem. Had little problems with it (intake gaskets, water pump. The usual air control knobs breaking and console lid. Is very fast and enjoy it every time I drive it to and from work as well as the twists and turns here in the mountains of Virginia. Gets about 22mpg with my foot in it always. Headsup is a great feature as well as the steering controls for the radio. A total 10+ to drive. This car was ahead of it's time in my opinion. I drive it today and people ask me about it and tell me how stylish clean and sporty it is.

Great car
By djhendricks on 03/19/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1998, and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I had general maintenance and wear and tear items that I needed done, but overall, no major problems. I currently have over 130,000 miles on it, and it still runs great! I do mostly city driving, and it gets about 20 mpg, usually a little more. I have had a few probs with the blinkers, the switch has went out, and a trusted mechanic said that vehicles with this setup are notorious for that. The car's 12 yrs old though, so some problems popping up isn't unexpected. Auto locks no longer work, and occasionally a problem with door handles, but again, 12 years old. Overall, a great, reliable, and pretty economical vehicle!

Occasional Transmission Problems
By Roborob on 03/02/07 18:13 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

This was a great program car driven previously by Pontiac executives. It had 24,000 miles on it when we got it. It lasted through two new babies and numerous long road trips. Lots of safety features are built into the operator controls and interior features. It was a good car, but not 100% reliable like many of the imports.