Used 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Sheer Luck
By AaSt

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I had purchased my Pontiac Grand Prix in March of 2015 and intial I was impressed by the looks. I got the car with only 85,000 miles and I was so scared because the car was so quiet . I only have changed the alternator and brakes. Thus far knock on wood. I have gotten a good car. Got Lucky . now January 97,000. I love Pontiacs .

LOVE this car
By grandprix

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

My dad bought this car about 5-6 years ago. The previous owner took horrible care of the car, and it was on its way to the junk yard. He paid $500 for pretty much a hunk of junk. After fixing it up, it ran beautifully. It made it through numerous hour long road trips. Has over 200k miles on it and still runs great. A couple problems throughout the years. Brake line went out, yet no real damage happened to the car or my sister after rear ending someone. I've gotten stuck in and out of the car during the winter numerous times. Had to replace the brake pads a few times. So those are the cons. The pros, I've never gotten stuck in the snow, gas lasts me about 2 weeks. Its a great first car to have, not too high maintenance.

Was just awful
By brad

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought the car for 2000, i should have known. just one month after purchasing it, there was nightmares. Luckily i bought a warranty. They replace steering, trans, motor, ball joint, the list goes on. They never did fix the problem which was no power and random shifting. A couple months after i sold it, buyer told me the head blew. I wouldn't reccomend this car. I loved it for the first month, after that, it was a nightmare...

Looks, power, comfort inside.

alround reliability

GTP Questionable
By mark275

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive but did cost me quite a bit in maintenance. Needed to replace the timing belt three times at about $500 each. Developed an oil leak around rear main seal at about 100k. Main bearing cracked around 125k and that was it for me. The alternator needed to be replaced twice at about $300 each since it is located underneath the engine and is difficult to replace. Cruise control quit working around 57k and did not even bother to fix since I was quoted at about $400 by numerous mechanics. Trunk leaked water and was only fixed by sealing all the seams in the trunk. Windshield and sunroof leaked water at about 80k. Would not suggest buying even though it looks cool and is cheap.

Fun to drive. Comfortable seats.

Everything listed above.

First Car
By Me

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for my first car and found this one. Great price for a first car. I went through big snow drifts with it too. Just front wheel drive.

It's quick for a 1995 grand prix. Also theres a lot of room in it. Soft seats in the back and front. Good handling. Great first car.

More cup holders, handles stink. Engine is to tight toghter, hard to work on it.

• SUV