Used 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

LOVE this car
By grandprix

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

My dad bought this car about 5-6 years ago. The previous owner took horrible care of the car, and it was on its way to the junk yard. He paid $500 for pretty much a hunk of junk. After fixing it up, it ran beautifully. It made it through numerous hour long road trips. Has over 200k miles on it and still runs great. A couple problems throughout the years. Brake line went out, yet no real damage happened to the car or my sister after rear ending someone. I've gotten stuck in and out of the car during the winter numerous times. Had to replace the brake pads a few times. So those are the cons. The pros, I've never gotten stuck in the snow, gas lasts me about 2 weeks. Its a great first car to have, not too high maintenance.

Was just awful
By brad

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought the car for 2000, i should have known. just one month after purchasing it, there was nightmares. Luckily i bought a warranty. They replace steering, trans, motor, ball joint, the list goes on. They never did fix the problem which was no power and random shifting. A couple months after i sold it, buyer told me the head blew. I wouldn't reccomend this car. I loved it for the first month, after that, it was a nightmare...

Looks, power, comfort inside.

alround reliability

GTP Questionable
By mark275

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive but did cost me quite a bit in maintenance. Needed to replace the timing belt three times at about $500 each. Developed an oil leak around rear main seal at about 100k. Main bearing cracked around 125k and that was it for me. The alternator needed to be replaced twice at about $300 each since it is located underneath the engine and is difficult to replace. Cruise control quit working around 57k and did not even bother to fix since I was quoted at about $400 by numerous mechanics. Trunk leaked water and was only fixed by sealing all the seams in the trunk. Windshield and sunroof leaked water at about 80k. Would not suggest buying even though it looks cool and is cheap.

Fun to drive. Comfortable seats.

Everything listed above.

First Car
By Me

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for my first car and found this one. Great price for a first car. I went through big snow drifts with it too. Just front wheel drive.

It's quick for a 1995 grand prix. Also theres a lot of room in it. Soft seats in the back and front. Good handling. Great first car.

More cup holders, handles stink. Engine is to tight toghter, hard to work on it.

Pretty decent car
By TOM

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned several B.O.P (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) cars in my life and this is a good one. I like the handling and performance. Durability for the car its self is ok, mine has 287,652 miles on it. I got it 2 years ago from a close friend who has had it since nearly new. The 3.1 L is sporty and fun but the transmission is a joke, they only last about 100,000 miles or less. My car has had the engine and transmission replaced and runs fine. ( tranny no longer has overdrive) you can trust me, with this many miles on it, I've found the bugs

engine is great and durable though 3.1 L engines are known for intake leaks.

Door handles are poorly built and the car lacks cup holders. exterior styling on 4 door cars isn't as nice as 2 door cars