Great starter car
By Chris on
1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan
My dad bought our '94 Grand Prix SE from a friend at work (him and his friend are mechanics) for $500. After putting in about $500 worth of parts, the car runs fantastic. He had to replace the turn signal (it wouldn't click into place, you would have to hold it down while turning left), the starter (expensive key included), all the hoses, belts, plugs, wires, and the brakes. After all the basic repairs were done, the 180k mile Grand Prix was running strong, and still is. The car's steering is great, ABS, just an overall nice car to drive. The great thing about Pontiac is the replacement parts are CHEAP. Cars break down, but with basic maintenance you can reduce that chance...
Favorite Features
The car is very comfortable to drive. The driver's seat is a bucket (not leather) and the blind spots are minimal. I like how when all the ricers want to race with their fancy mufflers, I floor it and go right past them. Not bad for an OLD car with 190k miles now.
Suggested Improvements
The rear brake calipers have problems with pinching onto the rotors once the pads are worn down. In fact, my right rear grinded my whole rotor down. This can be avoided, though, with regular brake pad replacement. The cupholders in the door are just retarded, I'm sorry. I love the car otherwise