Been a very good car overall
By scharlowman on
1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan
Owned since new. Overall this car has been without any serious or major problems. It now has 200,000 miles and it has trany issues (x2). However, the engine still runs great. Great fuel mileage too. The interior is starting to show its age but even living up north the last ten years, the car has no rust. I am going to fix the trans and take my chances. Parts are everywhere for these cars. My only complaints, which seem to be wide spread, are that the cup holders are only good to put change in. The knobs for the air, etc., wear out easy and are 17 bucks+ apiece. And don't ever think you can change the battery out in a few minutes. Theft protection my butt, poor engineering.
Favorite Features
Good on fuel. Handles well even in the snow. Parts available. If kept up and given regular maintenance almost everyone I know that has or has had one says they have been a good car overall. This may not be the case if it was misused by previous owners(lead foots, hot rodders) True with any car.
Suggested Improvements
A usable cup holder. Better design on the air/heater control knobs. They break way to easy. Don't hide the battery.