Used 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe

SE 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

A Wonderful Car
By Pabbs94

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car off the showroom floor and have had it for 11 years. It is still to this day, sleek, fast, and hugs the road. It handles great in snow, rain, and perfect for taking corners fast in optimal weather! I have contemplated buying a new car, but I have yet to find one that looks as sporty, classy, and built for comfort as my Grand Prix. I have had to work on the transmission, but all in all, this car has been very reliable.

Favorite Features

Body style, the way it hugs the road and overall handling, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder is rather useless, other than that, I can't think of anything I would change.

Decent car with style
By brad

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought as second owner with 50k miles on it. Owned it until 130k miles. Transmission went out around 80k. Performance started deteriorating at 100k miles. Otherwise, was stylish, comfortable and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

body style, interior style - multiple compartments, radio controls on steering wheel, huge trunk (housed 2- 12 inch speaker box with room to spare)

Suggested Improvements

better mpg, engine quality after 100k

love my car
By kelley

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I love my car. I purchased the car when it was 2 years old and it has been a great car. As long as you keep up with your normal car maintenance it will do you proud.

94 lemon
By gator1139

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Pontiac should go out of business along with the olds. These cars are junk! I bought this car with 30,000 miles in 1996 and nothing but problems since, replaced the brakes 4 times, the turn signal switch 2 times, smokes more than i do! Has a rattle noise from god knows where, and i rarely drive this peice of crap! mostly sits in the garage waiting for repairs! weak 6 banger, should have never purchased it! Never again buy american car.

Favorite Features

The body style only.

Suggested Improvements

pontiac going out of buisness

classic's never get old
By epbonney

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

The 94 pontiac grand prix I own was purchased from a family member. They are sorry now that they sold the blue comet. This car rides and looks new. It is garaged and kept warm and dry just like my pets. My pontiac runs well and still gets over 20 miles to the gallon on regular gas. It has amazing power and get up and go and it has the standard 3.1 six! I have had occasion to use the total power of the car and it surprises everyone. The handling is close to the bone and steady through all types of weather and road conditions. The styling is still hot and people still look and wonder what new car this is. I was coming back from Atlantic City and played tag with another 94 it was great fun!

Favorite Features

I would say there are so many favorite features on this car. The Styling is still in and exciting. The engine while a six has plenty of power and torque. The dash and drivers compartment is sleek and modern and simple. The suspension really grips the road and holds on in all sorts of weather. Great!

Suggested Improvements

I know I would buy a new version of this car. Sorry that the Grand Prix has gone away from the coupe. The hardware and electical has to be improved and the wide track stance was a good selling point. The use of a standard engine and low body weight gives it speed and acceleration.Bring Gpcoupe back!