1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
good car
By veejayel on 03/25/12 10:48 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My parents got this car in 1995 with 15k miles on it and the engine hasn't broken down since, with 80k more miles on it. its confortable, looks sporty, has alot of room, i've fit 6 passengers in it semi- comfortably, and its pretty reliable. always starts up easily. the only problems i have with this car is the air conditioning broke, the knobs wore out pretty bad, and the radio and clock screen doesn't work anymore. otherwise, the car is pretty good. it goes when you put the pedal down, you can take turns pretty hard, and its easy to drive

Rust from the fuel pump to the gas tank
By Grand Prix owner on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My biggest headache with the car is the rust. I bought it at 101K miles. I've had to replace the gas tank, the fuel pump, the filler neck, and have it painted at the gas door area due to rusting. My mechanic was replacing the rear struts and rusted bolts and parts were falling off from rust. I've replaced the rotors twice in 1 year. When I first got the car Midas informed me GM/Pontiac don't stand behind their brakes. The driver window stop working the window switch is $100. The hardware on the doors for the windows fell apart. My daughter cut her leg getting out the car from the rusted metal on the side of car beneath the windows. I checked with GM for a recall on this car.

Been a very good car overall
By scharlowman on 04/22/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Owned since new. Overall this car has been without any serious or major problems. It now has 200,000 miles and it has trany issues (x2). However, the engine still runs great. Great fuel mileage too. The interior is starting to show its age but even living up north the last ten years, the car has no rust. I am going to fix the trans and take my chances. Parts are everywhere for these cars. My only complaints, which seem to be wide spread, are that the cup holders are only good to put change in. The knobs for the air, etc., wear out easy and are 17 bucks+ apiece. And don't ever think you can change the battery out in a few minutes. Theft protection my butt, poor engineering.

My 2nd car
By savidabull on 04/14/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing, fun to drive, after a nice wash, it shines really nicely, all in all a great car

15 Years of experience
By Jerry on 12/02/09 12:15 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Rides comfortably, 3.1 engine mpg is 22 in city and 30 on the road. Reaching the battery is a hassle. Problem with power window motors and door linkage, otherwise it has been reliable. Engine tends to be noisy.

Great starter car
By Chris on 08/08/05 23:51 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My dad bought our '94 Grand Prix SE from a friend at work (him and his friend are mechanics) for $500. After putting in about $500 worth of parts, the car runs fantastic. He had to replace the turn signal (it wouldn't click into place, you would have to hold it down while turning left), the starter (expensive key included), all the hoses, belts, plugs, wires, and the brakes. After all the basic repairs were done, the 180k mile Grand Prix was running strong, and still is. The car's steering is great, ABS, just an overall nice car to drive. The great thing about Pontiac is the replacement parts are CHEAP. Cars break down, but with basic maintenance you can reduce that chance...

the review
By huey on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I think that the Grand Prix is a great car. Its very reliable and has alot of power.

Nice car
By Brad Monkman on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I really like this car alot more than My Tempo. It is a real good highway driving car. And good on gas.

good lookin
By marco 4 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

great car...love the looks but just spent 1700 on the engine...hopefully it will be more reliable now!!!!!

94 Grand Prix
By SSH on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought my SE new in 94 and still running great with 102K on it. It has went through 3 batteries and 2 alternators, but that has been the only expense other than normal maintence. The gas mileage has dropped to 20mpg (city only), have had tune up, but mileage did not improve. I am keeping this car till the wheels fall off or it becomes unrealiable, so far that is not the case.