1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )
Still a Runner over 300,000
By rmd on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought new. Had electrical problems for a number of years and then they seemed to fade away. Great engine, 3.1, but a troubled trans. Replaced it at least twice. I like the lines on the car. It still doesn't look all that dated.

best car ever had
By bob on 02/04/10 21:47 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Best car ever owned. 240,000 miles. Bought at 60,000 mi. 31 mpg hwy. 2 tuneups as owner. Only repairs- brakes and tires and oil changes as expected. 1 headlight. Too bad GM got rid of pontiac and saturns. They are indestructable. still tight like new. even fabric looks like new. Not afraid to jump in and go long distances anywhere. Only problem is a deer tried to get a ride. Took out passenger door. Still picking glass from car.

Sweet Ride
By Gorghn on 07/24/09 23:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2004 when my 95 sunfire had a cracked head so that i could use it until sunfire was fixed! The Vehicle had 186,000 miles on it all highway miles from a guy who drove from Michigan to Georgia and back alot! it needed Rear Struts when I bought it and then just the usual Oil changes and stuff since, I did replace the Fuel Pump in 2006! but nothing major! I now have 260,000+ miles on this Vehicle and it still runs and drives great I drive about 15 miles one way to work mostly City with a little highway miles and still Avg 24 MPG, as you can tell I decided to keep this car and never fixed the Sunfire, Handles wonderfully in all weather and is fun to drive! Stylish looks also!

Used Car Buyer's Dream
By TempleLaw on 12/14/06 06:05 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this in 2003 with about 50K miles, and have since added 40K. there has been NO major repairs, just a replaced battery, replaced front and rear brakes/rotors one time each and a new starter pack. The car runs great and handles ideally in inclement weather

A Great Car to Drive
By tarfee on 08/16/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This Grand Prix does great out on the open road. It drives great and gets abound 30 mpg on the highway. I enjoy driving it. The car has held up good as the previous owner abused and neglected it. I bought it with leaking intake gaskets and replaced them myself (A person gets very good at this if they own almost any GM car). At 130k it still runs strong.

A Wonderful Car
By Pabbs94 on 08/02/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car off the showroom floor and have had it for 11 years. It is still to this day, sleek, fast, and hugs the road. It handles great in snow, rain, and perfect for taking corners fast in optimal weather! I have contemplated buying a new car, but I have yet to find one that looks as sporty, classy, and built for comfort as my Grand Prix. I have had to work on the transmission, but all in all, this car has been very reliable.

Decent car with style
By brad on 07/15/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought as second owner with 50k miles on it. Owned it until 130k miles. Transmission went out around 80k. Performance started deteriorating at 100k miles. Otherwise, was stylish, comfortable and fun to drive.

love my car
By kelley on 06/27/06 12:28 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I love my car. I purchased the car when it was 2 years old and it has been a great car. As long as you keep up with your normal car maintenance it will do you proud.

94 lemon
By gator1139 on 11/23/05 21:41 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Pontiac should go out of business along with the olds. These cars are junk! I bought this car with 30,000 miles in 1996 and nothing but problems since, replaced the brakes 4 times, the turn signal switch 2 times, smokes more than i do! Has a rattle noise from god knows where, and i rarely drive this peice of crap! mostly sits in the garage waiting for repairs! weak 6 banger, should have never purchased it! Never again buy american car.

classic's never get old
By epbonney on 04/13/05 18:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

The 94 pontiac grand prix I own was purchased from a family member. They are sorry now that they sold the blue comet. This car rides and looks new. It is garaged and kept warm and dry just like my pets. My pontiac runs well and still gets over 20 miles to the gallon on regular gas. It has amazing power and get up and go and it has the standard 3.1 six! I have had occasion to use the total power of the car and it surprises everyone. The handling is close to the bone and steady through all types of weather and road conditions. The styling is still hot and people still look and wonder what new car this is. I was coming back from Atlantic City and played tag with another 94 it was great fun!