1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
good car
By veejayel on 03/25/12 10:48 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My parents got this car in 1995 with 15k miles on it and the engine hasn't broken down since, with 80k more miles on it. its confortable, looks sporty, has alot of room, i've fit 6 passengers in it semi- comfortably, and its pretty reliable. always starts up easily. the only problems i have with this car is the air conditioning broke, the knobs wore out pretty bad, and the radio and clock screen doesn't work anymore. otherwise, the car is pretty good. it goes when you put the pedal down, you can take turns pretty hard, and its easy to drive

Still a Runner over 300,000
By rmd on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Bought new. Had electrical problems for a number of years and then they seemed to fade away. Great engine, 3.1, but a troubled trans. Replaced it at least twice. I like the lines on the car. It still doesn't look all that dated.

Rust from the fuel pump to the gas tank
By Grand Prix owner on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My biggest headache with the car is the rust. I bought it at 101K miles. I've had to replace the gas tank, the fuel pump, the filler neck, and have it painted at the gas door area due to rusting. My mechanic was replacing the rear struts and rusted bolts and parts were falling off from rust. I've replaced the rotors twice in 1 year. When I first got the car Midas informed me GM/Pontiac don't stand behind their brakes. The driver window stop working the window switch is $100. The hardware on the doors for the windows fell apart. My daughter cut her leg getting out the car from the rusted metal on the side of car beneath the windows. I checked with GM for a recall on this car.

Been a very good car overall
By scharlowman on 04/22/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Owned since new. Overall this car has been without any serious or major problems. It now has 200,000 miles and it has trany issues (x2). However, the engine still runs great. Great fuel mileage too. The interior is starting to show its age but even living up north the last ten years, the car has no rust. I am going to fix the trans and take my chances. Parts are everywhere for these cars. My only complaints, which seem to be wide spread, are that the cup holders are only good to put change in. The knobs for the air, etc., wear out easy and are 17 bucks+ apiece. And don't ever think you can change the battery out in a few minutes. Theft protection my butt, poor engineering.

My 2nd car
By savidabull on 04/14/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing, fun to drive, after a nice wash, it shines really nicely, all in all a great car

best car ever had
By bob on 02/04/10 21:47 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Best car ever owned. 240,000 miles. Bought at 60,000 mi. 31 mpg hwy. 2 tuneups as owner. Only repairs- brakes and tires and oil changes as expected. 1 headlight. Too bad GM got rid of pontiac and saturns. They are indestructable. still tight like new. even fabric looks like new. Not afraid to jump in and go long distances anywhere. Only problem is a deer tried to get a ride. Took out passenger door. Still picking glass from car.

15 Years of experience
By Jerry on 12/02/09 12:15 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Rides comfortably, 3.1 engine mpg is 22 in city and 30 on the road. Reaching the battery is a hassle. Problem with power window motors and door linkage, otherwise it has been reliable. Engine tends to be noisy.

Sweet Ride
By Gorghn on 07/24/09 23:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2004 when my 95 sunfire had a cracked head so that i could use it until sunfire was fixed! The Vehicle had 186,000 miles on it all highway miles from a guy who drove from Michigan to Georgia and back alot! it needed Rear Struts when I bought it and then just the usual Oil changes and stuff since, I did replace the Fuel Pump in 2006! but nothing major! I now have 260,000+ miles on this Vehicle and it still runs and drives great I drive about 15 miles one way to work mostly City with a little highway miles and still Avg 24 MPG, as you can tell I decided to keep this car and never fixed the Sunfire, Handles wonderfully in all weather and is fun to drive! Stylish looks also!

Used Car Buyer's Dream
By TempleLaw on 12/14/06 06:05 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this in 2003 with about 50K miles, and have since added 40K. there has been NO major repairs, just a replaced battery, replaced front and rear brakes/rotors one time each and a new starter pack. The car runs great and handles ideally in inclement weather

A Great Car to Drive
By tarfee on 08/16/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

This Grand Prix does great out on the open road. It drives great and gets abound 30 mpg on the highway. I enjoy driving it. The car has held up good as the previous owner abused and neglected it. I bought it with leaking intake gaskets and replaced them myself (A person gets very good at this if they own almost any GM car). At 130k it still runs strong.

1 2 3 4 5 next »