1993 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Brakes, ball joints altenators
By whofan

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Car drove great, fast, sporty, good looking. I owned this car from 95-02. I replaced the front brakes four times, the altenator twice and balljoints twice. I put 40000 miles on this car. The brakes wouldn`t last 10000 miles I think the rear disc wern`t working the rear pads did get replaced once. I was more than happy to see this car go even though I owned it for some time. Gas mileage was poor too with the 3.1L. My 99 Voyager has been way better.

Favorite Features

Looks, fast

Suggested Improvements

lots of repairs. money pit. poor gas mileage

Ours lasted 268,000 miles!!!!
By K. McCoy

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle in 1996. It was 3 years old and had 86,000 miles on it. Other than routine maintainance, it's been pretty good. The one thing that we have had a problem with is some electrical. The windows will sometimes not work and at other times they will work. This didn't happen until it had over 200,000 miles on it though. Overall a great car. If you can find a used one with low miles...it would be a good 2nd car or for a teen, etc.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure they've improved it since it is 12 years old! hehe

Excellent car!!!!!
By Jax23

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

This car was actually noted as a "flood damaged" vehicle and I bought it from a private owner. Excellent and reliable car. Had its few minor problems. The 3.1 V6 is an excellent engine. I've put about 16,000 miles on it so far and it's still going! I recommend it to anyone who wants to buy one with the 3.1 engine!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, quiet, and power!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe making the battery more easy to put in.

Excellent!
By juanclarin

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 4dr Sedan

No complaints, this STE is excellent, I have the one with the 3.4 24v and 220 hp, is funny when you pass in the high way a "sport" car with your "sedan"....!

Favorite Features

I think the power and response, as well as the head up display, leather/power seats,and the drivers information system with the compass included.

Suggested Improvements

none

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JimmysGrandPrixLE

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

The Pontiac Grand Prix LE is a superior vehicle for today. Mine has 133,000 miles on it 4.1 v-6 engine and purrs like a kitten. The original factory paint is almost like new, very shiny and glossy. Replaced rear struts and now drives like a new vehicle, ageraging about 20 mpg. Very satisfied and plan on keeping it for years to come.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, visability, fuel ecomomy, performance, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything that would improve this excellent vehicle!

Still solid at 130K
By phonehammer

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Except for the rear brakes that only seem to last 2-3 years I am impressed with the low cost of ownership of this car. Gas and oil and an occasional car wash are all it gets. It owes me nothing and keeps giving.

Favorite Features

Mine is the same as the white one in the photo, still looks as good after 10 years. No visible rust (and I live up North) It is very dependable mechanically!

Suggested Improvements

Hey, its 10 years old... anything I say is old news. My beefs include power antenna that got stuck up at 80K mi as well as rear brakes that rust out after 3 yrs.

My Review
By Scott C

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best cars ever made. I have mine for 7 years and except for regular oil changes this car is still going strong with over 200,000 miles on the engine. I recomend it to anybody who wants to buy one!!!!

It turn's heads
By Drewbold

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

It has a V-6 w/ 175hp, not 140 as listed on this web site. i shut down 2 handa civics with the stupid big wing that does nothing till you hit over 100mph. Sence when do HONDA's go over 100mph. hahaha.

Favorite Features

I have not toped it out yet and i been about 120mph on it so far. Great in the snow and rain. Fun to drive w/ power to stand behind it.

Suggested Improvements

The door handles. they seem to break off pritty quick. poor design. replacement was about 120.00. East to re-install.

chuckers review
By chucker

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

a very good and reliable car. owned it 9 years and have had only to replace the altenater at 70000 miles. other than that just add gas and change the oil. leaking slightly from valve cover at 85000 mles. still not enough oil to leak to the ground.

Economical yet fun!
By H Truax

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

As a college student, I have always driven "economy" cars. But when I got the Grand Prix, it was the first time I had an economy car that looked GOOD. It has good gas mileage, plenty of power, looks great, is very roomy for a coupe, and could probably last forever *knock on wood* Mine currently has 110K and is still running great.

Favorite Features

The exterior paint-it still looks shiny and new. People always ask what kind of wax I use but it's just quality paint. Handling-it's so smooth, a bump free ride. Engine- haven't had any internal problems as of yet and I love the V6 power

Suggested Improvements

The pump brakes. They are a pain plus they don't work very well, or at least mine don't.