1993 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Brakes, ball joints altenators
By whofan on 09/10/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Car drove great, fast, sporty, good looking. I owned this car from 95-02. I replaced the front brakes four times, the altenator twice and balljoints twice. I put 40000 miles on this car. The brakes wouldn`t last 10000 miles I think the rear disc wern`t working the rear pads did get replaced once. I was more than happy to see this car go even though I owned it for some time. Gas mileage was poor too with the 3.1L. My 99 Voyager has been way better.

Ours lasted 268,000 miles!!!!
By K. McCoy on 06/14/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle in 1996. It was 3 years old and had 86,000 miles on it. Other than routine maintainance, it's been pretty good. The one thing that we have had a problem with is some electrical. The windows will sometimes not work and at other times they will work. This didn't happen until it had over 200,000 miles on it though. Overall a great car. If you can find a used one with low miles...it would be a good 2nd car or for a teen, etc.

Excellent car!!!!!
By Jax23 on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

This car was actually noted as a "flood damaged" vehicle and I bought it from a private owner. Excellent and reliable car. Had its few minor problems. The 3.1 V6 is an excellent engine. I've put about 16,000 miles on it so far and it's still going! I recommend it to anyone who wants to buy one with the 3.1 engine!

Excellent!
By juanclarin on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 4dr Sedan

No complaints, this STE is excellent, I have the one with the 3.4 24v and 220 hp, is funny when you pass in the high way a "sport" car with your "sedan"....!

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JimmysGrandPrixLE on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

The Pontiac Grand Prix LE is a superior vehicle for today. Mine has 133,000 miles on it 4.1 v-6 engine and purrs like a kitten. The original factory paint is almost like new, very shiny and glossy. Replaced rear struts and now drives like a new vehicle, ageraging about 20 mpg. Very satisfied and plan on keeping it for years to come.

Still solid at 130K
By phonehammer on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Except for the rear brakes that only seem to last 2-3 years I am impressed with the low cost of ownership of this car. Gas and oil and an occasional car wash are all it gets. It owes me nothing and keeps giving.

My Review
By Scott C on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best cars ever made. I have mine for 7 years and except for regular oil changes this car is still going strong with over 200,000 miles on the engine. I recomend it to anybody who wants to buy one!!!!

It turn's heads
By Drewbold on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

It has a V-6 w/ 175hp, not 140 as listed on this web site. i shut down 2 handa civics with the stupid big wing that does nothing till you hit over 100mph. Sence when do HONDA's go over 100mph. hahaha.

chuckers review
By chucker on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

a very good and reliable car. owned it 9 years and have had only to replace the altenater at 70000 miles. other than that just add gas and change the oil. leaking slightly from valve cover at 85000 mles. still not enough oil to leak to the ground.

Economical yet fun!
By H Truax on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

As a college student, I have always driven "economy" cars. But when I got the Grand Prix, it was the first time I had an economy car that looked GOOD. It has good gas mileage, plenty of power, looks great, is very roomy for a coupe, and could probably last forever *knock on wood* Mine currently has 110K and is still running great.