Used 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Best car overall ever
By gm man

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 93 now just turned 350,000 miles and except for normal wear never had any problems. It has always done what was expected and I don't baby it. Just regular maintenance. It use to get around 29 mpg but has dropped to 27 mpg and the engine is getting a little tired but still pulls the hills around here with no problems. This car has been bullet proof and will miss it when it finally does die.

Nothing really does everything well kind of a jack of all trades. It's a commuter, road trip runner boat hauler tool transporter.

The brakes are the only thing that has never been great. the abs works good but the stopping power takes a lot of leg. You stomp on the pedal it will stop.

Nice Ride
By soccerd1090

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I am a high school student and needed a good reliable car to get me around. I was pleasantly surprised when I could get a reliable car that looks good. So far nothing but good for me and I've owned it about 7 months. The power and handling are better than expected. My transmission is starting to have a problem, but for 155,000 miles stuff like that can be expected. I did just have to have the bearings replace and new rear struts, also my air conditioner has been out. Other than that great buy.

Looks, power, performance, gas mileage, power locks and windows, fast

Stock radio(had to buy new deck, air conditioner went out, no trunk release, trunk leaks

still great after all these years
By satisfied owner

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 93 it has 290,000 miles and still going strong. Very impressed with the reliability of this car it just won't die. The power isn't as great as it was and the fuel mileage has dropped down to 27 highway from the 30 it used to get but few cars that actually get this mileage are this much fun to still drive. The brakes never were very good and have to be replaced about every 40,000 or so, but hey it hasn' left me stranded yet

reliability

brakes always were lousy but when you pressed hard they would stop well. seats were never very comfortable.

I Loved My 93 Grand Prix!!!
By Amber Lyttle

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

For anyone who is looking to buy this car, I say go right ahead! My car had 130,000 miles on it and was still going strong. It automatically began to race when you hit the pedal...it had pep and power. The 3.1 engine was great. The only reason i got rid of it was because a drunk driver hit me. Even then, the impact on my car was minimal, when other cars would have been totaled. The car also did great in winter conditions. This is a great car and I plan on buying another Grand Prix.

I liked the engine and how fast it went when you stepped on it.

Nothing

Reliable
By Dokgene

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my GP from an elderly chap with only 23k miles and 7 years old. It really been driven, so the transmission was a little sticky for a few thousand miles, but loosened up. I've had no engine problems until recently, terrible engine knock when cold. Suspension has been excellent, never have had to replace anything down there yet. Transmission is starting to become difficult when cold, won't shift into drive except when in 1st gear. The radio was crap, but relatively easy to replace with instructions from Crutchfield. Driver side seats seem to deteriorate fast, then you're sitting on springs. Gas mileage goes to pot when you run the engine hard. Difficult to perform engine maint.

When you step on the gas, the engine ROARS to life and you feel like you're in a muscle car! Pretty impressive power for such a big sedan only a V6 3.1L.

Better, more comfortable seats. Better gas mileage. Make it easier to perform engine maintenance, especially the oil filter.

• SUV