1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Best little car in the valley
By Scot on 07/31/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We are very happy with our Grand Prix. it's been a great investment. It drives great. We average about 30 MPG. It's a keeper.

Really comfortabe car
By Rale on 10/28/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 2 years. I really liked how smooth ride it was. Seats were comfortable, radio control on steering wheel was helpful. 3.1L engine was not that strong for such a heavy car, but ones you reach cruise speed - it's like riding on clouds. I was so disappointed when had to switch to Toyota - no comfort can compare to Pontiac. Problem was I spent a lot of time in car shop: there was no single month I didn't have a mechanical problem. From alternator to hoses, I had to replace everything.

Best car overall ever
By gm man on 06/22/08 05:45 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 93 now just turned 350,000 miles and except for normal wear never had any problems. It has always done what was expected and I don't baby it. Just regular maintenance. It use to get around 29 mpg but has dropped to 27 mpg and the engine is getting a little tired but still pulls the hills around here with no problems. This car has been bullet proof and will miss it when it finally does die.

still great after all these years
By satisfied owner on 02/05/06 18:17 PM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 93 it has 290,000 miles and still going strong. Very impressed with the reliability of this car it just won't die. The power isn't as great as it was and the fuel mileage has dropped down to 27 highway from the 30 it used to get but few cars that actually get this mileage are this much fun to still drive. The brakes never were very good and have to be replaced about every 40,000 or so, but hey it hasn' left me stranded yet

I Loved My 93 Grand Prix!!!
By Amber Lyttle on 01/05/06 19:34 PM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

For anyone who is looking to buy this car, I say go right ahead! My car had 130,000 miles on it and was still going strong. It automatically began to race when you hit the pedal...it had pep and power. The 3.1 engine was great. The only reason i got rid of it was because a drunk driver hit me. Even then, the impact on my car was minimal, when other cars would have been totaled. The car also did great in winter conditions. This is a great car and I plan on buying another Grand Prix.

Reliable
By Dokgene on 11/19/05 00:50 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my GP from an elderly chap with only 23k miles and 7 years old. It really been driven, so the transmission was a little sticky for a few thousand miles, but loosened up. I've had no engine problems until recently, terrible engine knock when cold. Suspension has been excellent, never have had to replace anything down there yet. Transmission is starting to become difficult when cold, won't shift into drive except when in 1st gear. The radio was crap, but relatively easy to replace with instructions from Crutchfield. Driver side seats seem to deteriorate fast, then you're sitting on springs. Gas mileage goes to pot when you run the engine hard. Difficult to perform engine maint.

Brakes, ball joints altenators
By whofan on 09/10/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Car drove great, fast, sporty, good looking. I owned this car from 95-02. I replaced the front brakes four times, the altenator twice and balljoints twice. I put 40000 miles on this car. The brakes wouldn`t last 10000 miles I think the rear disc wern`t working the rear pads did get replaced once. I was more than happy to see this car go even though I owned it for some time. Gas mileage was poor too with the 3.1L. My 99 Voyager has been way better.

Ours lasted 268,000 miles!!!!
By K. McCoy on 06/14/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle in 1996. It was 3 years old and had 86,000 miles on it. Other than routine maintainance, it's been pretty good. The one thing that we have had a problem with is some electrical. The windows will sometimes not work and at other times they will work. This didn't happen until it had over 200,000 miles on it though. Overall a great car. If you can find a used one with low miles...it would be a good 2nd car or for a teen, etc.

Excellent!
By juanclarin on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan STE 4dr Sedan

No complaints, this STE is excellent, I have the one with the 3.4 24v and 220 hp, is funny when you pass in the high way a "sport" car with your "sedan"....!

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By JimmysGrandPrixLE on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

The Pontiac Grand Prix LE is a superior vehicle for today. Mine has 133,000 miles on it 4.1 v-6 engine and purrs like a kitten. The original factory paint is almost like new, very shiny and glossy. Replaced rear struts and now drives like a new vehicle, ageraging about 20 mpg. Very satisfied and plan on keeping it for years to come.