Used 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Best little car in the valley
By Scot

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We are very happy with our Grand Prix. it's been a great investment. It drives great. We average about 30 MPG. It's a keeper.

Favorite Features

The body style

Suggested Improvements

Better seats.

Really comfortabe car
By Rale

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 2 years. I really liked how smooth ride it was. Seats were comfortable, radio control on steering wheel was helpful. 3.1L engine was not that strong for such a heavy car, but ones you reach cruise speed - it's like riding on clouds. I was so disappointed when had to switch to Toyota - no comfort can compare to Pontiac. Problem was I spent a lot of time in car shop: there was no single month I didn't have a mechanical problem. From alternator to hoses, I had to replace everything.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride (big wheels). Strong built.

Suggested Improvements

Tested all newer Grand Prix's, but all of them were poorly built. Would rather drive '93 Grand Prix than '02 or '05.

Best car overall ever
By gm man

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 93 now just turned 350,000 miles and except for normal wear never had any problems. It has always done what was expected and I don't baby it. Just regular maintenance. It use to get around 29 mpg but has dropped to 27 mpg and the engine is getting a little tired but still pulls the hills around here with no problems. This car has been bullet proof and will miss it when it finally does die.

Favorite Features

Nothing really does everything well kind of a jack of all trades. It's a commuter, road trip runner boat hauler tool transporter.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes are the only thing that has never been great. the abs works good but the stopping power takes a lot of leg. You stomp on the pedal it will stop.

still great after all these years
By satisfied owner

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 93 it has 290,000 miles and still going strong. Very impressed with the reliability of this car it just won't die. The power isn't as great as it was and the fuel mileage has dropped down to 27 highway from the 30 it used to get but few cars that actually get this mileage are this much fun to still drive. The brakes never were very good and have to be replaced about every 40,000 or so, but hey it hasn' left me stranded yet

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

brakes always were lousy but when you pressed hard they would stop well. seats were never very comfortable.

I Loved My 93 Grand Prix!!!
By Amber Lyttle

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

For anyone who is looking to buy this car, I say go right ahead! My car had 130,000 miles on it and was still going strong. It automatically began to race when you hit the pedal...it had pep and power. The 3.1 engine was great. The only reason i got rid of it was because a drunk driver hit me. Even then, the impact on my car was minimal, when other cars would have been totaled. The car also did great in winter conditions. This is a great car and I plan on buying another Grand Prix.

Favorite Features

I liked the engine and how fast it went when you stepped on it.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing