Used 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Best little car in the valley
By Scot

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

We are very happy with our Grand Prix. it's been a great investment. It drives great. We average about 30 MPG. It's a keeper.

The body style

Better seats.

Really comfortabe car
By Rale

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 2 years. I really liked how smooth ride it was. Seats were comfortable, radio control on steering wheel was helpful. 3.1L engine was not that strong for such a heavy car, but ones you reach cruise speed - it's like riding on clouds. I was so disappointed when had to switch to Toyota - no comfort can compare to Pontiac. Problem was I spent a lot of time in car shop: there was no single month I didn't have a mechanical problem. From alternator to hoses, I had to replace everything.

Smooth ride (big wheels). Strong built.

Tested all newer Grand Prix's, but all of them were poorly built. Would rather drive '93 Grand Prix than '02 or '05.

Wish I never sold it!
By Andrew Riley

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

My mother had bought our 1993 grand prix in 1995 and had then given it to me in 2003 when i graduated high school. It had 130,000 miles on it then and when we got rid of the car it was 197,000 and still going strong! This was such a great car, everything about it...built solid, great style inside and out, great winter car, paint and body held up well! After 17 years of harsh winters in pa the car still shined like new after a good wash. It's not a race but had no trouble reaching speeds of 100mph and still ran solid and smooth at these speeds, even at 16 years of age! Really a great and truly fun car that would last a long long time if taken care of. I only sold mine b/c i was forced too!!

Body, sunroof, radio controls on the steering wheel, power everything, heavy solid car, great in the snow, great car to cruise in!

exhaust, ran great but always needed a minute or two to warm up

Great car, inside an out.
By Dylan1980

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

My mom purchased this car when I was little, and I always liked riding in it. Well she gave it to me, when I started high school, and I fixed it up. It is fun to drive, and it's so comfortable. It has good power too. I like how the speakers surround you, I did get a new radio though, I wanted cd player and aux plug. But I got new wheels, because I got tired of the gold color. My grand prix is green, 2 door, and beige interior. Beautiful interior design I might add. The only problem was that the air quit working in the early 20,000's when my mom drove it. We replaced it though it works great now. I had to get a new engine after 146,000 miles. No big deal. I love this car, I'll never give it up.

Speakers surround you, Such comfortable seats, hot body style, nice interior. And it is very fun to drive. :) I also like how there is a place for sunglasses on the ceiling of the car. it was an extra feature. its a great car, in fact my mom bought a 2004 after this one's engine blew up.

Nothing really, just normal stuff that happened after you have a car for so long. Its a great car :)

Love this car
By DENYCE

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

This car is so comfortable to both drive and ride in. We feel safe as it is a heavy car so I feel that if we were to get in an accident we would be safer than in a smaller car. We get about 28 mpg and fell that is good for a heavy sedan. We have never had any problems with this car, it has always been a very dependable car. I'm getting ready to buy a newer car in the next year or so and I would like to have another grand prix. The only reason I'm getting a newer car is because I need airbags as I've been in 10 car wrecks (not one in this car, and always the passenger) so I need the extra safety feature. I recommend the grand prix to everyone that wants a great car.

Comfort, safety and love the look of the car.

Really can't think of any..

• SUV