1993 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Best little car in the valley
By Scot on 07/31/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

We are very happy with our Grand Prix. it's been a great investment. It drives great. We average about 30 MPG. It's a keeper.

Really comfortabe car
By Rale on 10/28/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 2 years. I really liked how smooth ride it was. Seats were comfortable, radio control on steering wheel was helpful. 3.1L engine was not that strong for such a heavy car, but ones you reach cruise speed - it's like riding on clouds. I was so disappointed when had to switch to Toyota - no comfort can compare to Pontiac. Problem was I spent a lot of time in car shop: there was no single month I didn't have a mechanical problem. From alternator to hoses, I had to replace everything.

Wish I never sold it!
By Andrew Riley on 09/08/09 22:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

My mother had bought our 1993 grand prix in 1995 and had then given it to me in 2003 when i graduated high school. It had 130,000 miles on it then and when we got rid of the car it was 197,000 and still going strong! This was such a great car, everything about it...built solid, great style inside and out, great winter car, paint and body held up well! After 17 years of harsh winters in pa the car still shined like new after a good wash. It's not a race but had no trouble reaching speeds of 100mph and still ran solid and smooth at these speeds, even at 16 years of age! Really a great and truly fun car that would last a long long time if taken care of. I only sold mine b/c i was forced too!!

Great car, inside an out.
By Dylan1980 on 08/07/08 23:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

My mom purchased this car when I was little, and I always liked riding in it. Well she gave it to me, when I started high school, and I fixed it up. It is fun to drive, and it's so comfortable. It has good power too. I like how the speakers surround you, I did get a new radio though, I wanted cd player and aux plug. But I got new wheels, because I got tired of the gold color. My grand prix is green, 2 door, and beige interior. Beautiful interior design I might add. The only problem was that the air quit working in the early 20,000's when my mom drove it. We replaced it though it works great now. I had to get a new engine after 146,000 miles. No big deal. I love this car, I'll never give it up.

Love this car
By DENYCE on 07/03/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

This car is so comfortable to both drive and ride in. We feel safe as it is a heavy car so I feel that if we were to get in an accident we would be safer than in a smaller car. We get about 28 mpg and fell that is good for a heavy sedan. We have never had any problems with this car, it has always been a very dependable car. I'm getting ready to buy a newer car in the next year or so and I would like to have another grand prix. The only reason I'm getting a newer car is because I need airbags as I've been in 10 car wrecks (not one in this car, and always the passenger) so I need the extra safety feature. I recommend the grand prix to everyone that wants a great car.

Best car overall ever
By gm man on 06/22/08 05:45 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 93 now just turned 350,000 miles and except for normal wear never had any problems. It has always done what was expected and I don't baby it. Just regular maintenance. It use to get around 29 mpg but has dropped to 27 mpg and the engine is getting a little tired but still pulls the hills around here with no problems. This car has been bullet proof and will miss it when it finally does die.

Nice Ride
By soccerd1090 on 03/22/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I am a high school student and needed a good reliable car to get me around. I was pleasantly surprised when I could get a reliable car that looks good. So far nothing but good for me and I've owned it about 7 months. The power and handling are better than expected. My transmission is starting to have a problem, but for 155,000 miles stuff like that can be expected. I did just have to have the bearings replace and new rear struts, also my air conditioner has been out. Other than that great buy.

still great after all these years
By satisfied owner on 02/05/06 18:17 PM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 93 it has 290,000 miles and still going strong. Very impressed with the reliability of this car it just won't die. The power isn't as great as it was and the fuel mileage has dropped down to 27 highway from the 30 it used to get but few cars that actually get this mileage are this much fun to still drive. The brakes never were very good and have to be replaced about every 40,000 or so, but hey it hasn' left me stranded yet

I Loved My 93 Grand Prix!!!
By Amber Lyttle on 01/05/06 19:34 PM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

For anyone who is looking to buy this car, I say go right ahead! My car had 130,000 miles on it and was still going strong. It automatically began to race when you hit the pedal...it had pep and power. The 3.1 engine was great. The only reason i got rid of it was because a drunk driver hit me. Even then, the impact on my car was minimal, when other cars would have been totaled. The car also did great in winter conditions. This is a great car and I plan on buying another Grand Prix.

Reliable
By Dokgene on 11/19/05 00:50 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my GP from an elderly chap with only 23k miles and 7 years old. It really been driven, so the transmission was a little sticky for a few thousand miles, but loosened up. I've had no engine problems until recently, terrible engine knock when cold. Suspension has been excellent, never have had to replace anything down there yet. Transmission is starting to become difficult when cold, won't shift into drive except when in 1st gear. The radio was crap, but relatively easy to replace with instructions from Crutchfield. Driver side seats seem to deteriorate fast, then you're sitting on springs. Gas mileage goes to pot when you run the engine hard. Difficult to perform engine maint.