Used 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Two thumbs up.
By iambatmanx

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my '92 Grand Prix SE as my first car, I purchased it for $500. After putting about another $400 into it, it still needs some work done to it, but I absolutely love it. It's a great first car for anyone.

Gas mileage. The way it handles. The comfort of the seats. Where the door handles are located.

The way GM has it all set up underneath the hood and just the make up of the car is a little stupid, but otherwise there isn't much I could really suggest for improvement.

92 grandprix Le
By Rob

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my grand prix as my first car and i paid 600 bucks and put about 2 grand in it and totally customized it inside and out. Tuned 3.1, fresh paint, custom exhaust, American racing 16's. It's so fun to drive, it hugs the road and never has any problems getting up and going. It can smoke deep dish 16'' tires easy. I love my custom grand prix!

My favorite thing is the power house 3.1 liter V6 books rate it at 140 but it's putting down way more than that

the only thing that i would change is the fuel economy. 20 mpg is about 20 bucks in the tank every three days when you run it at about half throttle or better

not a good car
By blonde in illinois

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

is horrible on gas i have a 1992 grand prix se and it has sad everything gone wrong w/ it not a good 1st car for a teenager way tooo much up keep has way toooo many electrical problems

lights

better doors, doorhandles, betterseatbelts

Fun sporty auto
By santabarbara

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Bought this used for my son, but ended up driving it myself for the past 5 years. Is fast and powerful. It has been great transportation with low maintenance. A good buy.

Love my Pontiac
By Lisa

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I have been blessed with my Pontiac Grand Prix. I bought my car in 1998 when it only had 27,000 miles on it. Now, in 2005, it has 195,00 and has never given me any problems other than the usual maintenance issues. I have had to replace the altenator 2x and a few hoses and bulbs ... nothing major. My car whose name is Prixie has been very good to me. I look forward to getting a new Grand Prix when she finally gives out.

Power everything and easy to understand heater and air conditioning features ... just push a button.

The only thing that I would have changed is I would have given it a cup holder or two.