Used 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Great Car
By 80 Knight

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have only had this car since 2001, but I had an exact same 1992 Grand Prix (same colors, engine, ect.) from 1998 - 2000, and they were both great cars. The current 1991 that I have has had it's share of problems, tires, water pump, rack & pinon, High Pressure power steering hose, and windshield, but what can you expect from a car with over 270,000 KM's on it, that is 12 years old. Other than that, engine runs like a million, and all power options (windows/locks/mirrors ect.) work.

LOVE the Steering Wheel Radio Controls...They are great. Also, very comfortable in the front and back (plenty of room in the back, and seats are great), and the 3.1L V6 is FAR more powerful then the 3.8L V6 I had in my last car (1990 Pontaic Bonneville).

I would like a better turning circle, as this one is only 36.7 ft. The STE's 39 ft. would be a lot better.

Don't touch this one... literally
By Pontihater

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

If you do touch it the paint might fall off. Apparently they used some new primer on this car that didn't work, so paint starts chipping off like crazy. Car looks ugly as hell! Engine lasted to 244km and seized, brakes were basically useless, and the car seemed very moody. It had good and bad days. And the control display... half the time i didn't knwo how fast i was going! stay away

reasonably powerful engine

BRAKES, any other kind of brakes! more accessible battery for charging (it's hard folks), Paint that sticks!