1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Going for 300K miles!
By Tom on 06/10/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been an excellent vehicle. Very well designed interior and has been running for over 290,000 miles (that's like driving around the world a few times then driving to the moon). Its been very reliable since I've owned it with the exception of the alternator and blinker switch. Awesome car way ahead of its times for gadgets and deating/design!

Brian's Review
By Brian 1080 on 01/04/07 18:23 PM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Being my first car, there is a special bond to it, but i think this is an excellent car. It is quick and fun to drive.

awsome cars
By pontiac freak on 06/24/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

These are really good cars all round. good looks with plenty of power with the 3.1 liter. very comfortable interior.

i love these things
By gary on 06/19/05 01:34 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

this is an excelent all around car. the interior is very comfortable and the car just looks good. And for being a 1991 its pretty quick.

Cash Cow
By 151 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have a rarity. They only made 1500 in a 5 speed in 91 and I have one that has the 3.4L DOHC. This thing is impossible to 1)work on 2)find reasonably priced parts for. These are fun to drive but watch out for maintenence costs, there will be many.

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By Fed Up Tony on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

During warranty period, instrument cluster, wiper motor+switch, headlight switch, exhaust, ECM, trunk release, and more failed, some more than once. After the warranty period many of the same items failed and Pontiac offered no assistance. Since warranty car has seen 5 alternators, 3 starters, 2 water pumps, 2 instrument clusters, one computer, damper pully, injector problem, intake manifold oil leak, AC compressor, many sensors and much more. Radio quit. ago. Transmission failed at 60k miles. Today at 78K rack has failed. The only nice thing I can say about it is that it still looks like the day I bought it.

good car
By Jen Palmer on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This is a great car all around. Reliable, fun to drive, fast--but not too fast!! I have had no major problems with this car except the fuel pump that I've had to replace twice now. I hear that is very common in this car.

sweet car for its time
By Ralliartist on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a junior in college and it's still going strong. With all the pocket rockets that my friends have, this heavy beast (over 4000 lbs.) has what it takes to keep up with the rest. It's got great acceleration and a sweet looking stock body kit, especially for it's time! The only thing i don't like are the sucky brakes and the fact that it's a standard. Also, the exhaust likes to rust and the fuel pump went at 150k.