Used 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

This Car Rock's
By Rhondia

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car is the best!!!!!!!!!I love it ... If I ever get rid of mine I want another it would have to be just like the one I got now tho and I know they did not make alot of these at all :(

everything about the car really I think everything is GREAT :)

1990 GP SE 314k and counting
By ThosL

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Originally purchased with 132,000 - currently has 314,817 miles. Its on its 2nd water pump! The original got me to 313,000. Have replaced the IAC Valve, Alternator, BRAKES,Got 150k on my last set of tires. Its a tight car. Excellent road car unless you are a passenger. Car has the console mounted compass. My tip is to use Synthetic motor oil and the BEST filter you can get. I change the oil every 6k miles, but once went 16k. Had one wheel bearing replaced. Overall a great car.

BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best I ever Owned
By Rainmaker371

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 2dr Coupe

I have had many cars in my day, but my 90 Pontiac Grand Prix is the best I've had. She had 20000 miles when I bought her and now 12 years later and only 165000 I haven't spent hardly anything on her. Total since bought is: replaced alternator, replaced engine gaskets, 4 tuneups, 1 set brakes, 3 sets tires and thats it. Still running original clutch and exhaust. Wish I could find a new one as good. I'll keep her until she or I die, whichever comes first.

Gas milage is excellent. Very comfortable to ride in.

None

Old and solid
By The Mann

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 2dr Coupe

The Grand Prix has been a very good car. It's very solid for 180,000 miles. Only did an alternator and tie rods, tune-ups,that kind of thing. Good runner and very quiet. Good mileage with a stick. Aging very gracefully and never a surprise.

Solid, tight body for high mile GM car. Quiet/no wind noise. Old car still gets looks. Good quality clearcoat paint on mine (gray).Decent power.

Somewhat poor rear visibility; parts of interior are gaudy/Cassette holder just weird looking. Surprisingly wide turning radius.

Grand Prix LE is my favorite first car
By dragonblade

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great vehicle, although the oil tends to leak and the radio tends to burn out easily. These are, however, small problems that are easily and inexpenively fixed. I have had a great time driving this vehicle as my first car, because of its fuel economy and acceleration.

Acceleration, comfortable seating, quick defrosters, fuel economy

Better stock radio, oil leakage prevention