Used 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

over 500,000 no lie
By acherry

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I swear on my mothers life that i ain't lieing this car has over 500,000 miles and still starts up like the day she came off the lot. mother was original owner ran it till it wouldnt start sat for six years in the driveway until i decided to get her breathing again it only took one day and a little bit of common sense these cars are beast that cant be killed if only i had the turbo edition by mclaren

Favorite Features

the sound of the stock exhaust radio controls in the steering wheel center shift

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders plz. well with 500,000 miles you might wanna get a new tranny. the ignition key on this model has a big chance of malfunctionig and spinning all the way around

Best 1st Car
By firephool

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

Very 1st car I purchased, paint was peeling, muffler falling off. I paid about $1,500 cash when I was 15 and it brought me right up through my jr. year of college when it was replaced b/c mom was getting a new truck, so dad got her old one and I got his. almost 200k and she purred like a kitten. I spent some money to repaint her myself but that's the fun of your first car.

Favorite Features

quick acceleration, soft red lighting glow interior, comfortable seats, and Great in the Snow.

Suggested Improvements

needed to simonize this car when it was sold new other than that it was a beauty.

McLaren GP
By motodd18

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I have owned two of these cars and both of them performed beautifully. With tons of interior comforts including: steering wheel radio controls, 4 leather bucket seats, heads up windsheild display. This vehicle was definitely well ahead of its time.

super dependable
By Clay

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my dad. It had been his company car. Then I used it in college. Then my sister used it. Then it sat for 2 years. Finally, I bought it, put a new battery in it, changed the tires, and have driven it just about every day since. It is great in warm or cold weather, handles well, gets good gas mileage, and just runs like crazy.

There will never be another....
By arcndcmrc

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I have put 234,200 miles on my Grand Prix and I should have been able to put more on but I sheared number 1 spark plug and I think it is over. This car has been unbelievable. I bought it with 6 miles on the odometer. She tended to burn through alternators but here is the list of stuff still on her from Detroit - radiator, water pump, entire exhaust system, front shocks/struts, transmission, all light bulbs except one (side marker - this fact never stops amazing me), all gaskets (did have to replace coolant return once), electric fans, spark plugs wires, A/C works like new, there is still just so much that is original equipment.

Favorite Features

the car itself - most comfortable car I have ever been in - driving or riding

Suggested Improvements

build all cars the way they build mine