1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
over 500,000 no lie
By acherry on 10/08/09 07:14 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I swear on my mothers life that i ain't lieing this car has over 500,000 miles and still starts up like the day she came off the lot. mother was original owner ran it till it wouldnt start sat for six years in the driveway until i decided to get her breathing again it only took one day and a little bit of common sense these cars are beast that cant be killed if only i had the turbo edition by mclaren

Best 1st Car
By firephool on 10/03/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

Very 1st car I purchased, paint was peeling, muffler falling off. I paid about $1,500 cash when I was 15 and it brought me right up through my jr. year of college when it was replaced b/c mom was getting a new truck, so dad got her old one and I got his. almost 200k and she purred like a kitten. I spent some money to repaint her myself but that's the fun of your first car.

McLaren GP
By motodd18 on 02/25/06 08:44 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I have owned two of these cars and both of them performed beautifully. With tons of interior comforts including: steering wheel radio controls, 4 leather bucket seats, heads up windsheild display. This vehicle was definitely well ahead of its time.

super dependable
By Clay on 06/07/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my dad. It had been his company car. Then I used it in college. Then my sister used it. Then it sat for 2 years. Finally, I bought it, put a new battery in it, changed the tires, and have driven it just about every day since. It is great in warm or cold weather, handles well, gets good gas mileage, and just runs like crazy.

There will never be another....
By arcndcmrc on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I have put 234,200 miles on my Grand Prix and I should have been able to put more on but I sheared number 1 spark plug and I think it is over. This car has been unbelievable. I bought it with 6 miles on the odometer. She tended to burn through alternators but here is the list of stuff still on her from Detroit - radiator, water pump, entire exhaust system, front shocks/struts, transmission, all light bulbs except one (side marker - this fact never stops amazing me), all gaskets (did have to replace coolant return once), electric fans, spark plugs wires, A/C works like new, there is still just so much that is original equipment.

1990 GP SE 314k and counting
By ThosL on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Originally purchased with 132,000 - currently has 314,817 miles. Its on its 2nd water pump! The original got me to 313,000. Have replaced the IAC Valve, Alternator, BRAKES,Got 150k on my last set of tires. Its a tight car. Excellent road car unless you are a passenger. Car has the console mounted compass. My tip is to use Synthetic motor oil and the BEST filter you can get. I change the oil every 6k miles, but once went 16k. Had one wheel bearing replaced. Overall a great car.

Best I ever Owned
By Rainmaker371 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I have had many cars in my day, but my 90 Pontiac Grand Prix is the best I've had. She had 20000 miles when I bought her and now 12 years later and only 165000 I haven't spent hardly anything on her. Total since bought is: replaced alternator, replaced engine gaskets, 4 tuneups, 1 set brakes, 3 sets tires and thats it. Still running original clutch and exhaust. Wish I could find a new one as good. I'll keep her until she or I die, whichever comes first.

Old and solid
By The Mann on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

The Grand Prix has been a very good car. It's very solid for 180,000 miles. Only did an alternator and tie rods, tune-ups,that kind of thing. Good runner and very quiet. Good mileage with a stick. Aging very gracefully and never a surprise.

224000 miles and stil going strong
By bfdaddy on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 98 with 130000 on the clock, just hit 224000 last week and it is still the most dependable fun to drive car I have ever owned. looking forward to 300000 mile mark.

Best Car I ever owned
By travis371 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 10 years. Bought it with 22,000 miles and it now has 160,000. It has been driven all over the US, including Alaska where I bought, it with minimal expense. I have never had a car that performed this well.