2005 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Review: Riding in as a kid, driving it

2005 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Review

SE Fleet Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Riding in as a kid, driving it as a teen
By poley1 on

2005 Pontiac Grand Am SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not sure how many people are going to look at a review on a 7 year old car but here is mine. My dad bought A V-6 version of this car in '05 almost new, however it was used as a rental car. The only problems we ever had with it were the windows came off track (not a big deal you can fix it yourself), the rear passenger window it dead no movement at all (happened this year), and when i was 10 i had a mini TV and my Xbox hooked up to the 12v outlet and blew a fuse and messed up the outlet. no matter what we do the fuses keep popping. But overall now that its mine it is absolutely perfect for me to go back and forth to high school and work

Unlike most of the negative reviews about comfort and ride, ours is very comfortable, and its not VERY noisy. I say, VERY noisy, because we got side swiped and now the rear passenger door doesn't seal all the way but no leaks so now big deal. The power is quit good though after years of having kids learn to drive for the first time its lost some it power, still has just enough to light up the tires though.

One of the first things i suggest doing, no matter your age, is upgrading the stereo and speakers (if you have basic system, the monsoon and Bose are quit good). The only thing i fault GM for is angling the console and stereo twords the driver, it takes up some room the way they did it. However from everything I've said my main point is the '05 grand am SE is a very nice comfortable wise buy, if Pontiac wasn't out of business i would definatley own one again.