Pontiac Grand Am GT1
By David on
2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
This is the second Grand Am GT, the first was a 99 and was in a $7500 worth of damage accident with a child in the back. It held up perfect! very solid car. I never had any problems. Now I have the 2005 GT1 and am even happier! I have driven with friends in there Honda's and they continue to say "American cars break down and Japanese cars, never" but the truth is, if you do your homework and read reviews, that is not true, they actually need servicing too, and the $$$ they put into it to preform like mine, haha. My car out classes anything next to it except for an Eclipse w/turbo I tried to race and a Corvette. I plan to add to the engine to enhance it more, the handling is perfect. Go Pontiac!
Favorite Features
Handling, performance, safety. It grabs the road and gives you the control in any situation. The re-sell on mine is very high. Very sporty and quiet. Braking is great and acceleration is great. The "on the wheel" stereo controls are used often. The rear seats fold down for extra cargo space. Perfect
Suggested Improvements
Bring it back! Side airbags and even better safety. Possibly manual transmission as an option, maybe a few more features, outside temp and different color options for the display lights. Pontiac is great at giving high quality at reasonable prices so filling the car w/ too many, effects the price.