2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SE Fleet 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )
Riding in as a kid, driving it as a teen
By poley1 on 07/21/12 05:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not sure how many people are going to look at a review on a 7 year old car but here is mine. My dad bought A V-6 version of this car in '05 almost new, however it was used as a rental car. The only problems we ever had with it were the windows came off track (not a big deal you can fix it yourself), the rear passenger window it dead no movement at all (happened this year), and when i was 10 i had a mini TV and my Xbox hooked up to the 12v outlet and blew a fuse and messed up the outlet. no matter what we do the fuses keep popping. But overall now that its mine it is absolutely perfect for me to go back and forth to high school and work

My Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.4 V6
By wdsgto on 02/15/11 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Grand Am used with 21000 miles in 2006. It has 71000 on it now, it has been quite reliable. The only issues have been: the turn signal switch clicking (the factory put too much grease, I just removed some with a q-tip and it went away) and a battery. Otherwise it has been a good car. It is hard to see out when backing up, and it has a lot of road noise.

Typical GM Car -- Fast until it breaks
By Roger on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for a few years now. Purchased in 2007 with 30k miles, now I have 80k. Nothing major has broken yet, but the car is such a pile of plastic junk it seems about as reliable as a child's toy. Everything under the car is rusting. The paint is fading and flaking. There is body rust on it. The headlights are hazy and fogged. The car has been through 1 battery and 3 CV boots. The brakes were so rusted I needed to have a mechanic fix them. There is this horrible annoying, nonstop clicking from the blinkers that is apparently common with these. Other than being a piece of plasticy junk, it is pretty zippy. If you don't need a reliable car, I'd recommend getting one.

Anthony's 2nd Grand Am
By garant02 on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

i purchased a 1996 GT and i loved it but it needed a lot of work as time went by but this 05 v6 Grand Am runs smoothly and drives awesome. i love this car it has lots of pick up and very roomy

I love my Grand AM
By The Guru on 05/17/10 06:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I call my car a mini-rocket..Superb Acceleration..good mileage as compared to the cars in the same segment. No issues with the maintainence as such, small tweaks bound to be there. Only discomforting thing I found is the way the center console tilts towards the driver. Thats one of the small things.

Pontiac is the Best
By Jeanne on 04/14/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I am a 54 year old woman who has had nothing but Pontiac's. I wanted the 2005 Grand Am because it was the last year they were making it. I bought it new. I loved my 89 and love this one even more!! You cannot go wrong with a Pontiac!

Awesome
By Licia on 09/04/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

LOVE IT! I bought this car brand new so i've had it for about 3 yrs. NOTHING has gone wrong. Haven't had to fix anything!! Just your typical oil change and brake change. Oh, and had to change the bulb in one of the headlights. NOTHING at all to fix as far as the engine is concerned. A little loud on the hwy but nothing to complain about.

Very nice!
By Austin on 06/25/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Well, this is my first car in my life. I have had it for a day, but oh my, is it awesome. It looks GREAT at night! It accelerates very well, and you feel really sporty in it. Sound is great from engine and also stereo sound is good. Definite buy.

Not Impressed
By NotImpressed on 06/15/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a '03 Saturn for my Grand Am. I was in tears a month after my trade. The car inside is smaller than my little Saturn, the doors curve so it is hard to fit things in the back seat that you can't fit in the trunk because the opening to the trunk is too small. The seats are not the most comfortable for road trips. It is a lot of plastic on the inside and just make me think of a cheap Matchbox car the more I have to drive it. The starter sticks more often than not and after purchasing the vehicle, I found out that this is a very common problem for the Grand Ams.

New Owner
By Diva on 06/06/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car today, I was a bit hesitant as I never owned a Pontiac or can ever recall driving one before. The sleek body style, and gas mileage of 31 miles per gallon was really a seller for me, it doesn't ride as smoothly as i expected it to, but i will ride it more and see how things go, and after all i have a 4cyling and not a 6 so i am sure that has something to do with the pickup of it. Overall, I feel i made a great purchase and choice and hope this vehicle brings me yrs. of pleasure.