Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

Cool Ride
By JohnWill

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As with any other Pontiac I have owned I am well pleased. It's a hot looking car and the one I have has leather and all the bells and whistles on the inside. Gas mileage is surprisingly good and it's pretty fast on the get go. No creaks or rattles and the sound system is good. Great little sporty ride.

Exterior looks, interior features, gas mileage, acceleration.

They don't make these anymore but, if they would have made a convertable, it could have competed with the Mustang for looks.

Awesome GT1
By Harley_Devil

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome car!! Fun to drive, love the look and feel. I've owned my GT1 for 2 years and have never had any issues or regrets about purchasing it. I love the large trunk and rear folding seats, but have found the trunk opening to be a little on the small side. The sound system is great and I love to open the sunroof on warm days. The Ram-Air hood and engine are a great addition to the car and the hood scoops give it such a sporty and fast look.

Ram-Air engine, hood scoops, sound system, sunroof, rear spoiler, large trunk, rear folding seats, steering wheel audio controls. I love everything about my GT1!!

The only improvement would be a slightly larger trunk opening.

Wow
By lea

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a Grand Am GT and I love it compared to my other car (Ford Focus) I love the power it has in it. And the system is awesome in it. It will beat my boyfriends car now. I wouldn't change anything.

System, sunroof, and horsepower

Nothing

Pontiac Grand Am GT1
By David

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Grand Am GT, the first was a 99 and was in a $7500 worth of damage accident with a child in the back. It held up perfect! very solid car. I never had any problems. Now I have the 2005 GT1 and am even happier! I have driven with friends in there Honda's and they continue to say "American cars break down and Japanese cars, never" but the truth is, if you do your homework and read reviews, that is not true, they actually need servicing too, and the $$$ they put into it to preform like mine, haha. My car out classes anything next to it except for an Eclipse w/turbo I tried to race and a Corvette. I plan to add to the engine to enhance it more, the handling is perfect. Go Pontiac!

Handling, performance, safety. It grabs the road and gives you the control in any situation. The re-sell on mine is very high. Very sporty and quiet. Braking is great and acceleration is great. The "on the wheel" stereo controls are used often. The rear seats fold down for extra cargo space. Perfect

Bring it back! Side airbags and even better safety. Possibly manual transmission as an option, maybe a few more features, outside temp and different color options for the display lights. Pontiac is great at giving high quality at reasonable prices so filling the car w/ too many, effects the price.

Great buy for performance
By Daniel Goosen

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome car for the money, solid and fun to drive. I have owned three Grand Prix's 97 to 2000. This is the first Grand Am GT1, great little car with great get up and go!

Ram Air, Monzoon MP3 Player Comfortable seats

Like it just the way it is.

• SUV