2004 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Have loved it since it

2004 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Review

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

SE2 Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Have loved it since it was new...til now
By pontiacgirl_78 on

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 05. I love driving it, it looks great, and its still got get up and go at 98,000 miles BUT....It needs intake gasket #3 (1st one at 23, 000 miles.) The front end is shot...the bearing, the $400 a piece struts, the steering and the axle thingy. All sorts of warning lights keep coming on too. I think sorry to say its time to trade it in. Ive also had problems with the drivers window falling down into the door twice and the back door hasnt opened in about 3 years. It has never left me on the side of the road, but now its not even safe to drive. Ive loved her and took care of her since the day I got her, but at 98k thats too much to be going wrong.

Favorite Features

Looks nice, Always have loved my Pontiacs. Drives (well drove) nice. Monsoon stereo rocks, and my chrome rims still look amazing. Interior is nice, back seat horribly uncomfortable in the middle, you cant even sit there. Interior still looks brand new.

Suggested Improvements

better long term reliability.