Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Am model:

great car
By jameshorton4

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

had this GA 04 for 10 yrs. got it with 19000 miles on it. So far, had to replace the master/slave cylinder-due to defective master-trailing arm,due to hydroplaning into ditch. and now it's getting close to 200000 miles and it's starting to crunch shifting to third. guess it's time to change the syncro's. been a great car. excellent handling and mileage for gas. don't know if it's worth the expense or time to change them. but it has been an awesome car. I put it through a lot of stuff over the last ten years. would def get another one like it.

2004 Grand Am 2.2 4cyl 4A
By bpeters1

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for about 3 months now and have put a little over 3,000 miles on it. I bought it used with 98,000 miles on it. So far I've had no problems with it. The 4cyl engine suits this car well, but sometimes seems reluctant to downshift. It has absolutely zero power at low RPM. The gas mileage I get is exactly as listed at 27 MPG. Love the way the car handles. The interior (especially light switches) are obviously cheaply made, and often pop in and out of their slots.

Exterior looks. Decent gas mileage.

Interior quality sucks.

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4 cyl (Automatic)
By teh_banditto

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Frankly, I do not believe the negative commenters, I have had mine for 14 months, and it has been a very reliable vehicle, granted I have ran into some rarely occuring transaxle problems, otherwise it's a strong, car with a peppy motor

Styling, performance, bang for the buck

Boooo
By Barry09

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel pump went out atleast 4 times within first two months of owning car, constant, constant, constant ticking in dash, AIRBAGS DID NOT GO OFF in wreck when rear ending someone at 35 mph, coolant leaked constantly, tires leaked in cold weather, keyfab did not work, lots of problems. I would not suggest this car to ANYONE.

Gas mileage, acceleration =], the whole car in general until all the problems started.

Airbags be more thoroughly checked, the ticking fixed, fuel pumps & filters correctly installed.

STINKS ON GAS!!!!
By Edie

2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know if anyone else has this issue but this car all of a sudden is getting bad gas mileage. Was getting around 32mpg before but now I'm lucky if I get 14mpg. Have had other issues too and the car is only 4 years old. Will not buy a Pontiac again.

Speed